Torch 9850 Version 7.1.0 Bundle1737
Luv4gLte

I am seeing this update available on my device and curious if any gotchas or issues encountered by anyone

0 Likes
Re: Torch 9850 Version 7.1.0 Bundle1737
JamesBrowne

I blindly trusted the update and now have no functionality whatsoever.  I get an application error 602 to which the only Verizon Wireless Tech Support recommended resolution is a restore through BB desktop mgr.  Good luck.  Thank you Blackberry and Verizon wireless for pushing out an update that disables the device altogether!

0 Likes
SafetyLighting2

I have two issues. 

The first is that when I put my phone into bedside mode, i used to be able to go to the home screen without it exiting bedside mode.  Now everytime I go to the homescreen it automatically exits bedside mode and I have to return to the clock to reactivate it.

Second, BBM uses about 30% of the available resources( according to the device analyzer on the last OS) and I don't use it.  The last OS I was able to delete it but on this one I am forced to keep it.  It's absolutely absurd. 

0 Likes
BurningKeys
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used the BB Desktop Manager to install the update and it went perfectfly.  Have BBDM search for updates (drop down menu item) - it should find the Verizon specific OS upgrade for the 9850.  Remember to do a battery pull anyway at the end of the reboot process (after Desktop Manager tells you that it is finished).

0 Likes
SafetyLighting2

Ok, so I thought it my imagination but after having the update for a few days I have noticed that my space key is locking up and requiring two taps when a word suggestion pops up.  I called BB and they told me to reinstall the update.  I'll try it once and then if things aren't fixed I'm downgrading.

0 Likes