Verizon a problem
Movieman0086

I currently have a Blackberry Curve 8330.I'm on my 2nd Curve and this one is worse. My upgrade date is July 14,2010. My first phone had the trackball go bad.My second curvehad the following problems.

1. Trackball gone bad

2. Most of my calls aren't coming through

3. Charging Problem

4.Locking up problem (have to remove the batter so many times I can't count

5. Mystery Apps - I was told by Verizon that they push applications trrough, but of course no-ones tells us this.

My biggest issue is that with all these problems and being that my upgrade date is so close i can't understand why i can't upgrade my phone. They can't replace my phone again. Why can't verizon help me with this problem. I mean with this "mandatory"upgrade date, why can't they allow me to upgrade with all the problems i've been having. I mean i can upgrade,but pay full price. This is ridiculous when my trackball goes bad and i can't access any of my phone. Also i'm paying for a data service and my phone is locking up constantly. Is this a typical Verizon thing where the situation is so bad and they refuse to satisfy a customer? My phone is a piece of crap and i request to upgrade early (and not that early at least 8 weeks to go).

Doug

0 Likes
Re: Verizon a problem
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

It sounds like your Curve is on its last leg. I hope it makes it until July. I think my 8330 is dying a slow death too, because the USB cable isn't always showing as connected and needs some wiggling to get it to work.

Not sure how to get an early upgrade, but maybe you can get a couple of your problems fixed. Take it to a Verizon store and they likely will replace the trackball for you. As far as the locking up problem, I would suggest deleting any apps you aren't using to free up memory. The Curve can be charged either with a wall charger or via USB cable ... maybe trying a new method will help. Not sure what to do about the problem of not receiving calls though. Good luck. Maybe you'll be offered an early upgrade once you get within a week or two of your upgrade date.

0 Likes
Movieman0086

I just wish the people in CS would realize that these phones arent built like tanks. They should realize that i am a paying VZW customer and listen to the customer. havent they ever heard that the customer is always right? That should be in all areas of business. I mean i don't say to do it all the time, but some situations are different than others. if my phone keeps freezing how does that effect my business.  If i'm out somewhere and there is an emergancy with one of my kids, how do i get the call if my phone isnt showing anyone calling in. VZW should listen to the customer and realize we do need some flexibility. I'm not saying every 1 year, but i've had 2 phones in 2 years and my phone is pretty much breaking down.. I'm on my dads company account so its not like i have a lot of perks and whistles to have, aside from my service and discount on my phone.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I think part of the problem is the customers who want new phones for no other reason than they want the latest and greatest, and will say anything to get an early upgrade from Verizon. So, the good customers like you who have serious issues and really need a new reliable device unfortunately may not get taken as seriously as they should. This is one reason I'm hesitant to sign a new contract ... I'm afraid of being stuck with a lemon and having no recourse.

0 Likes
Movieman0086

yep. Thats hits the nail on the head. The sad part is when i go into the VZW store and show them the problem and its "well we have our hands tied" and "you have to wait till the exact upgrade date". I mean the problems staring them in the face. Not like i can **bleep** them into a new phone. The problem is there. The other thing that has been bothering me is that nobody with VZW seems to be on the same page. I do wish that VZW does take into consideration those of us who have legitimate complaints and considers not being so harsh. Maybe making it, if they do need to do upgrades that it be done in the store, that way the employees can look the phone over and make a determination whether or not to go with an early upgrade. I mean i cant even get a replacement again because my first phone the trackball broke and then the second phone is completely falling apart. How are we guaranteed? and all everyone says is buy insurance. Im sorry thats just more money that is going nowhere. My phone is my life so its not like i can do without it.

0 Likes