activate blackberry curve 8330
toniacq
I have an LG Voyager and was given a Blackberry Curve. What do I need to do to activate the Blackberry? Is there a charge? I also know I will have to change my plan, but to what? Will I be able to move my contacts into the Blackberry myself? Please HELP!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: activate blackberry curve 8330
StormModder
Contributor - Level 1

all you have to do is sign in to My Verizon, click on the My Services tab, then click on "activate a phone" link.  Enter in the ESN/MEID (found in options> status), then submit/continue.

You'll have to choose a data plan.  If you're only using for personal email, then the 29.99 plan is what you'll need.

Follow all the prompts.  When done, turn off the Voyager, turn on the Curve, dial *228 and choose option 1 to program.  Enjoy your "new" phone.

To transfer your contacts, you'll either have to do it by hand or take both phones to a VZW store.  Keep in mind that the formatting of the contacts will be a little different on the Curve, so make sure you go back thru and correct any issues.  Example: Voyager only has 1 spot for the name, regardless of it you put Mr/Mrs/Dr, first name, last name, title, etc.  The Curve actually has line items just for that.  An easy way to get comfortable with the method of entry, and learn how to add/edit contacts, would be to make sure all the names are in their respective fields.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StormModder
Contributor - Level 1

all you have to do is sign in to My Verizon, click on the My Services tab, then click on "activate a phone" link.  Enter in the ESN/MEID (found in options> status), then submit/continue.

You'll have to choose a data plan.  If you're only using for personal email, then the 29.99 plan is what you'll need.

Follow all the prompts.  When done, turn off the Voyager, turn on the Curve, dial *228 and choose option 1 to program.  Enjoy your "new" phone.

To transfer your contacts, you'll either have to do it by hand or take both phones to a VZW store.  Keep in mind that the formatting of the contacts will be a little different on the Curve, so make sure you go back thru and correct any issues.  Example: Voyager only has 1 spot for the name, regardless of it you put Mr/Mrs/Dr, first name, last name, title, etc.  The Curve actually has line items just for that.  An easy way to get comfortable with the method of entry, and learn how to add/edit contacts, would be to make sure all the names are in their respective fields.

0 Likes
toniacq
Thank you so much! This info is perfect!
0 Likes