adding apps to curve 8530
contrarian

I upgrded to a curve 8530 from a 8330 after I damaged my 8330,    I'm finding it very difficult to download and use apps on the 8530 that were easy to download to my older 8330.  What gives?  

0 Likes
Re: adding apps to curve 8530
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

contrarian wrote:

I upgrded to a curve 8530 from a 8330 after I damaged my 8330,    I'm finding it very difficult to download and use apps on the 8530 that were easy to download to my older 8330.  What gives?  

Hey,

I believe the problem might be that the 8330 has been out for a few years, while the 8530 has only been out a short while.  The software vendors just have not updated their software programs.  I found the same problem when I replaced my Tour with the new Bold.  I have found the app store at Crackberry.com to have more programs than anywhere else, so you may want to check out their website.  I hope that helps a little.

Doc

0 Likes
contrarian

Thanks,

I had specific apps in mind.  I know where they are online,but the 8530 adds extra steps or simply will not load a couple apps I used on the 8330.

I feel like I've taken a step backward rather than upgraded.

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

contrarian wrote:

Hi.  I am sorry you are having issues with downloading applications.   All applications are not compatible with each type of blackberry.  Did you make sure the application is compatible?  What type of error message are you getting?  How long has this been going on?

Waiting on your reply :smileywink:

Thanks!

0 Likes