Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
backup assistant contacts not showing up online
tc4213

Hello,

I am using backup assistant for the first time so that I can import my contacts to my new 4G device. I've run the application from my blackberry, but when I sign on on-line, the website is showing my contact list as empty. However, my backup assistant PIN is being correctly captured, so I know that I am being recognized.

I've tried deleting and re-installing backup assistant on the blackberry and running again. No luck. Any suggestions? Is there some sort of lag time for when the contacts will show up online?

Just in case the question comes up, I am the only user on my wireless plan.

Thanks,

Ty

0 Likes
Re: backup assistant contacts not showing up online
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi tc4213,

New 4G phone is always a great thing. Not being able to backup your contacts must be frustrating; however, I'm sure we can find a way to backup and transfer your contacts to your new device.

First we must make sure that your Blackberry device is compatible with Backup Assistant. The following BlackBerry devices are not compatible with Backup Assistant: 

• BlackBerry 7130e 
  • BlackBerry 7250 
  • BlackBerry 7750 
  • BlackBerry 8130 Pearl™ 
  • BlackBerry 8130 Pearl™ in Pink 
  • BlackBerry 8230 Pearl™ Flip 
  • BlackBerry 8703e 
  • BlackBerry 8830

If your device is not one of the ones listed above, please make sure that your are following the instructions listed in the link below:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/how_to_use/transfer_contacts/blackberry.html

Additionally, with a 4G device you will most like create (if you don't already have one) a Gmail account. If you have not created one I recommend to create a Gmail account at http://goo.gl/2Ucuc and then sync your Blackberry with your Gmail account using the Google Sync App and your contacts will be saved online. You can get the Google Sync App at http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/

Then simply activate your 4G device and enter your Gmail account credentials and your contacts will transfer automatically to your new phone.

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

Re: backup assistant contacts not showing up online
SoccerRef
Novice

Try logging in to BUA from your PC. Export all your contacts in GMail format. Create a free GMail account and import your contacts. Setup the GMail account on your BB and tell it to sync contacts (you don't need a separate Google Sync App to do this on your BB). After a short period of time all your contacts will appear in your address book. There are some slight format changes (like address showing all on one line instead of separate, etc) but it works. I had to do this when my address book became corrupt and caused my BB to reboot every few hours. Good Luck!

P.S. You may have to use your PIN from your old BB to see all your contacts from a PC.

0 Likes