Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
do I have to have a data plan to actavate the Black Berry?
jcangny

I have a Black Berry my son used for two years. He just bought a Droid and I want to use his Black Berry as a regular phone Do I have to purchase a data plan? Don't plan on using it for any thing else.

0 Likes
Re: do I have to have a data plan to actavate the Black Berry?
Spiral

Yes you will be required to have a data plan if you activate the Blackberry device on your account.  The data plan is required and they will not make an exception.

0 Likes
Re: do I have to have a data plan to actavate the Black Berry?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you spiral for assisting jcangny. The information you provided is correct and helpful. I would like to add additional information as well. jcangny, do you know how much data your son is averaging? You may check this by logging on My Verizon, view the past billing statements to determine how much data he is using. If you are not planning on using much data, you may benefit from our Share Everything Plan. This will allow you to share the data plan and the benefit of having unlimited talk and text. To learn more about the plans, go to vzw.com/shareeverything . Let us know if you have any questions.

Lena A.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes