Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
"My Contacts" Sync problem with BB Curve 8530
TFin04

Hey all,

I was recently given a BB 8530 for work, and the my companies current contacts were moved over to this phone so I would have the information.

Once I set up my email to the phone, I accidently clicked for it to sync the contacts from my email. This deleted all the contacts off my BB. Logging into my email, I can see all the contacts there, but I can't see them on my BB.

I have selected the sync option to my email from the email set up menu on the BB, but nothing shows up.

Even if I create a new contact on the BB, it doesn't store to the "Contacts" section.

Any help would be great. I need to move all the contacts from my email (gmail account) to my BB device.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: "My Contacts" Sync problem with BB Curve 8530
blamiya1
Novice

Log into your Gmail account, then click on contacts on the left side. You will see an export link in the top right hand corner. Once you click on the export link, you will need to choose the option Outlook CSV and click on "Export Contacts" and you will have a filename like "gmail-to-outlook.csv" on your computer, ready to be imported to outlook. Once this is done, synch your device with Desktop Manager and transfer the contacts from outlook to your device, by following these steps: 

Step 1 Connect your Blackberry to your computer using the Blackberry USB cable.
Step 3 Launch the Blackberry Desktop Manager application and double-click the "Synchronize" icon.
Step 4 Go to the "Configuration" tab at the top of the pop-up window and click the "Configure synch" button.
Step 5 Check the box next to "Address Book" to enable contact synchronization with your Outlook data.
Step 6 Click "OK" to savethe synchronization settings.
Step 7 Go to the "Synchronize" tab at the top of the pop-up window and click on the "Synchronize Now" button. Contact data from Outlook will now be transferred to your Blackberry's address book.

These steps were found from: http://www.ehow.com/how_5615442_export-outlook-contacts-blackberry.html

0 Likes
    Re: "My Contacts" Sync problem with BB Curve 8530
    JB21386
    Novice

Another option, since you are using a Gmail account, is to try Google Sync for BlackBerry. This will Sync all of your contacts (and calendar if you would like it to ) over the air from your Gmail account to you BlackBerry.

http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/

0 Likes