4G LTE 890L Jetpack activation issues (West Georgia area)
doesvzcare
Enthusiast - Level 2

June 1, 2012 I ordered online my 4G LTE 890L jetpack and added a line to my account.  Nearing the end of August now my jetpack is still not activated.  I have had 2 new devices sent to me and a total of 4 SIM cards.  Friday, at the request of tech support, I drove 45 minutes to our nearest Verizon direct store for them to try and activate the device.  I have spent a total of over 12 hours on the phone during this time since June trying to troubleshoot the device and find out why it will not complete the activation process.  When I went in the store and tech support tried to help me I was told that the 4G service was currently down but I could come back anytime and they would try and take care of the problem.  Is there anyone else that has had this problem??  I have been told conflicting things by different Verizon employees.  I am at a loss for what to do other than keep spending no shorter than 1 1/2 hours on the phone at a time to try and find out what is happening.  I am scheduled again for Monday for the tech support lady that has been helping me since June to call and try again.  I am however finding that I seem to be aware of things or figure them out before Verizon on this issue, which is a little disturbing considering I am just a housewife.  I am not speaking ill of Verizon in this post, I just am looking for anyone that can please please tell me what to do with this device to complete the activation process.  I don't know how many more phone calls and taking my SIM card out and putting it back in I can take before I loose my patience.

0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE 890L Jetpack activation issues (West Georgia area)
budone
Legend

I installed a VZW hotspot for a friend a couple years ago... Same issue. I finally found a tech who sent me into the diagnosis area of the device and we changed some internal settings which got it working.

Unfortunately, I forget the code to get in there.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Regarding the 4G coverage, I would check out the coverage map to see if you are in a supported area:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/coverage-locator

Activating a Jetpack should not be a difficult procedure.  Anyone from VZW should be qualified to complete this standard operation for you in a few minutes and confirm it too.  Activation does not require 4G anyways, you can do everything you need from a 3G only territory. 

If I had to guess your current Jetpack is defective.  If the next person you work with is unable to correct the problem for you I would request that they send you a different device, one that they know does work with a good SIM card.  You should be able to pop your SIM card out and plug it into a similar device too unless it is the SIM card that is bad.

Keep us posted and let us know if you need more help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello!

I cannot even begin to tell you how sorry I am that your device is not activated! Everyone had some great information, and thank you to the community for providing help. The process is usually only a couple minutes long! Since you have used several devices and SIM cards, I worry that there is a network aspect involved. I would like to look into this further. Can you please send me a direct message with your mobile number and name? The username is Katieh_vzw.

Thank you!

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes