4G Mobile Hot Spots and VPN
lnordeen911

We purchased the Samsung 4G mobile hot spot last weekend and tried connecting to a VPN yesterday. I was able to connect for at least 1 1/2 hours before it started booting me off every 4 minutes 28 seconds. I found out our company uses PPTP as well as SSL for our VPN connections. According to the help page for the Samsung it is compatible with PPTP. Has anyone been able to get this to work on a VPN? The recent forum posts are not real positive. I'm also considering switching to the new 4510L hot spot. Anyone know if this one works any better?

0 Likes
Re: 4G Mobile Hot Spots and VPN
cep42
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to level 2 tech support VPN connections wont work with either of the hotspots. When Samsung was the only hotspot out it was easy to push blame on them, but it's a verizon problem. Verizon is keeping Fed Ex in business with all of sub par equipment that they sell. I wish ATT had a 4G hotspot, but I guess no one really does.

0 Likes
Re: 4G Mobile Hot Spots and VPN
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

It may not help you, but it is specifically PPTP that does not work. Other VPN protocols (e.g. Cisco) do. We've run into problems with PPTP in the past, so my IT department switched to Cisco a year ago.

0 Likes