6620L Jetpack XLTE Compatible?
FLABeachcomber

Verizon Wireless Website shows the 6620L is NOT compatible with XLTE, however the specs show it is available on LTE Band 13 (700 Mhz) and LTE Band 4 (1700 Mhz). These are the same bands that the MHS291L operates on which IS XLTE compatible. Furthermore, PC Magazine says a software update in 2015 will make the 6620L compatible on Band 2, the only Jetpack capable of this - and even claims it is XLTE compatible. So why does Verizon Wireless indicates this in NOT XLTE compatible?

Verizon Jetpack MiFi 6620L Review & Rating | PCMag.com

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 6620L Jetpack XLTE Compatible?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi FLABeachcomber,

I appreciate you reaching out to us with your concerns today in regards to the 6620L Jetpack’s compatibility. I know that XLTE is an exciting technology and reaching certain market/devices in time phases. You are correct, right now that device it not compatible with the XLTE technology, however we do have a link that will allow you to keep in touch with updates when they are approved and ready for your devices: http://vz.to/1Isp89s

Thanks for your patience!

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi FLABeachcomber,

I appreciate you reaching out to us with your concerns today in regards to the 6620L Jetpack’s compatibility. I know that XLTE is an exciting technology and reaching certain market/devices in time phases. You are correct, right now that device it not compatible with the XLTE technology, however we do have a link that will allow you to keep in touch with updates when they are approved and ready for your devices: http://vz.to/1Isp89s

Thanks for your patience!

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> So why does Verizon Wireless indicates this in NOT XLTE compatible?

Because its not. 

0 Likes
FLABeachcomber

If it operates on the AWS Band 4 @ 1700Mhz as it states in the specs, then why is it not XLTE compatiable? What is different about XLTE other than the frequencies (Band 4 and Band 2 in future) that it operates on?

0 Likes