7 Months of problems, still no resolution.....
buhgey

As the topic reads, I have had over 7 months of problems with my 3G service, and zero resolutions (other than credits to my bill).

I am in 3G coverage,  and my device has 3/4 bars for 3G (Not 1xRTT).  My speeds are more often than not under 100kbs.  Even more often it is slower than that.  I have made multiple calls a month complaining about this issue.  People in my community have called in themselves with the same issue.  Nothing is getting resolved.  The bill credits are nice, but cmon, I want what I pay for.

I have been through 2 USB 760's, after RMA'ing the first after reccomendation from Verizon.  Made no difference.  Purchased an antennea from Verizon (tech said it would fix issue), made no difference.  Ran said antennea OUTSIDE OF MY HOME, still no difference. 

This is on multiple computers, all of which have been formatted clean before testing.  It is not my computer.  Even VZW techs say it is not my machine.  I have updated my PRL, and the VZW software.  The modem is stationary, is never moved.  The device works fine in another town, with less signal.

What gives?  Do I have to keep calling multiple times a month until something gets resolved?  Has anyone else had any experiences for rectifing this?

0 Likes
Re: 7 Months of problems, still no resolution.....
Hemingray
Enthusiast - Level 3

Overloaded or crap tower in your area most likely. Is it constant or does it change with the time of day (e.g: latenight it may be quick due to low usage, but during the day, crammed, slammed and jammed full of users)

0 Likes
Doodle

What gives?  They don't care.

Do I have to keep calling multiple times a month until something gets resolved?  Yes

Has anyone else had any experiences for rectifing this? No

I've had problems for over a year this is the second time they are giving me a 10% discount. This time they are giving me an antennea.

0 Likes
buhgey

Just a 10% discount?  Wow.  I have been credited $30 a month for months now.

The antennea is a joke, unless your signal is poor.  

I like how the one VZW rep on this board does not acknowledge the troubles.  What a fine job. 

0 Likes
Doodle

Verizon put up a tower near me. My Mother change phones to Verizon, it worked great, she lives about a half mile from me. Then I got the wireless internet. Everything worked great for a few months. Then we both started having problems with the service. It's the tower and I guess they have no plans to fix it.

I wish they would give us $30.00 off our bill.

They sent me the antennea with no adapter. Then they overnighted an adapter but, it was the wrong one. I am now waiting on another one. I am hopeful the antennea will work.

If the new cable company will put in internet I will be asking out of my contract.

0 Likes
buhgey

How is your signal strength?  As far as I am aware, the antennea will do no good if your signal is good.

If I could get a wire based internet, I would have it.  However, there is no cable, the landline provider is.....Verizon....but they will not put in any type of high speed internet.  No dsl, and I'll never get FIOS.

I want to hold out for LTE....but who knows when it will launch in my market.  I get wildly different responses when I ask.  One rep will say the end of this year is a nationwide roll out, others say certain markets.

Funny, last night I got a PM from a Verizon employee.  It took over 16 seconds of stareing at a white page for just the "reply to PM" page to open.  It is incredibly slow.

I would also LOVE to be able to finish a download without it stalling.  Big download....dont do it on this service.  You waste your precious little data on a stalled download.

I wonder if I stated a website complaining about the service, if something might be done.

0 Likes
Doodle

The signal strength has been really bad since the tower went bad. Before I had EVOD of -75, then it went to -90's, National Access or no service at all. My Mothers cell phone use to have full bars, right now I have her phone and it has 1 bar.

It was really sloooooooooow. Downloads would stop, pages wouldn't even load, etc. Nothing but trouble for the better part of my contract so far.

Good news  the antennea adapter came I'm getting  EVOD -75. I hope this is going to help. When and if I can get cable I will change.

0 Likes
buhgey

I hope that solution works well for you. 

I did get a PM from a Verizon employee that said there was an outage in my area.  However, a 7 month long outage is a difficult thing to grasp, considering I have called to complain at least 2x a month.

I wish you luck.

0 Likes
buhgey

Bumping so people know nothing gets done about these problems.

0 Likes