Administrator preferences in VZAccess Manager
kaco301
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello.  I have a laptop that I am running VZAccess Manager v7.7.7.0 and using a UML290 wireless modem.  The laptop is joined to a domain and has several users that log in with it daily using Microsoft VPN.  My question:  How do I set and lock the preferences in VZAccess Manager so they cannot be changed by other users?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Administrator preferences in VZAccess Manager
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

I'm not aware of any way to lock the settings in VZW Access Manager.

Your best bet at locking the connection credentials would be to migrate away from a USB modem and send your users a company owned Jetpack.  Jetpacks can be locked down with a admin password which would block users from making configuration changes.  (Although the Jetpack security can be easily overwritten by restoring the device back to the defaults as long as the user has physical access to it.)

What is it that you are trying to lock down in particular that is giving you trouble?  Maybe there is a way to lock it down through the OS instead of through the VZAM application.

0 Likes
Re: Administrator preferences in VZAccess Manager
kaco301
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

After my post yesterday, I discovered that there is an enterprise version of VZAccess Manager available. It will enable or disable features for users.

Karen