I am currently using a HUAWEI mobile internet device for my desktop computer, model # EC168. A few days ago I had an issue where all of my connection speed vanished, and then my internet stopped working entirely. All the while the internet on my iPhone was blazing fast. I had to restart my computer to get my internet to work again but ever since I've encurred a very bizzare issue. Sites that end in ".org" or ".net" will not load 95% of the time. It never gets past the "connecting" screen. I've tried using 2 different browsers (IE and FireFox) and also tried disabling my firewall but nothing works. I cannot help but feel like the current issue is in some strange way connected to the utter failure of my internet earlier this week, since I have never had this issue before. Any ideas?
It sounds like something on your desktop has become corrupted or the device itself is failing.
Try running a few tests to help us paint a better picture on what is going on:
1. Try to Ping these sites
2. Try to install the Mobile Data Card on another comptuer and compare
3. Try to reinstall one of your browsers (I suggest FF first)
4. Try to reinstall the connection software/drivers for the Mobile Data Card
5. Remove any Proxy Settings that are used (http://www.library.kent.edu/page/14299)
6. If possible, try to connect the Desktop to an alternative internet connection and compare
We assume that you are only having a problem with browsers right now. Do you have the same issue opening email applications, playing computer games, uploading files via FTP?