Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Changing Plans
tgold

I just bought a MiFi 2200 at the higher non-contract price for occasional use. The device is simply awsome both as a USB modem and via WiFi.

VM Customer Service seems unsure what non-contract plans are available and also how to change among them. I started out with a one month 250MB plan as an initial test and I know there is also a 5GB/mo plan. I thought there was a DayPass with unlimited traffic over 24 hours for $15 per day but CS says that one is not on their list!

One facility I was offered is suspension. Apparently I can suspend use for a $15 fee and then start a new monthly (and maybe DayPass if CS ever find it) connection with no reactivation fee. They believe I need to make a voice call to (800) 922-0204 to do any of this and that it can not be done via the account web page. Can anyone contradict this?  As I may be reconnecting from abroad prior to entering the USA it would be far better if I could do it online rather than relying of getting through to a warm CS agent from an overseas phone.

Thanks for any advice.

Tony

0 Likes
Re: Changing Plans
Bandit390
Never tried it before, so I don't know how exactly it looks. But just load up vzaccess manager and click connect and it sends you through a bunch of prompts for getting the day pass/paying for it/etc.
Message Edited by Bandit390 on 07-27-2009 07:41 PM
0 Likes
Re: Changing Plans
tgold

Thanks for the suggestion. AFAICT VZAccess Manager only has that funtionality when the MiFi 2200 is able to connect via the CDMA or CDMA2000 (EVDO) cell networks. I am hoping for a way to change plans while abroad in the world of GSM and where the MiFi has all the functionality of a plastic box with a button and a couple of lights, so I am seeking a purely web procedure and without any cell network access.

Tony

0 Likes