Customer Service for Closing a Bundled Account
j_marshall

Let me start this post by saying that when my husband and I moved, we wanted to keep our Verizon bundled service.  We were happy and had no reason to switch to another company.  However, Verizon does not service the community that we moved to so we were forced to close our Verizon account when we moved and go with another service provider.

We moved December 10, 2011 and closed our account at that time.  We did everything we were told to do, when we were told to do it.  Since that time we have been receiving monthly statements from Verizon stating that they owe us $66.28.  When we got the first statement, I called to make sure we had done everything we needed to do and they assured us that we had and that we would receive a check within 60 days.  So, we waited.  It is now July 6, 2012 and we are still getting statements from Verizon saying they owe us $66.28.  After MANY phone calls from me to Verizon "Customer Service", I have determined that someone did not close out my account properly back in December and that is why we have not received our refund.  I have been assured that there was nothing we could have done differently on our end...but I have received no apology from anyone for why this was not handled properly and in a timely manner.

To say that I am frustrated with Verizon is an understatement.  Does no one there monitor closed accounts to make sure they are closed properly?  Does no one there monitor money that is owed to customers?  I'm pretty sure if the tables were turned and I owed Verizon money...they would be tacking on late fees every month.  Well, guess what....I consider you at least 4 months late with the refund.  Also, when I asked the finance person if there was anything they could do to go ahead and cut the check, since it's obvious what has happened, she said "no, it takes 60 days to go through the system".  Sorry, that's not an acceptable response when you are the ones who messed up. 

It really isn't about the money.  It's the principal.  Take responsibility and treat your customers the same way you expect to be treated.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service for Closing a Bundled Account
Not applicable

Contrary to what Mitt Romney says, corporations are not people.  You just have to keep pursuing your refund until you get it.  Don't expect an apology from anyone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was this for a landline service that you canceled?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

Please visit the Verizon Residental forums for questons on the landline services.  This thread will now be locked.

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator <>

0 Likes