When connected via USB, the laptop can connect WWAN just fine. But when I disconnect the USB, the laptop cannot see the MiFi. My other Dell laptop, same kind but a year older, can see and connect to the MiFi 2200.
Any suggestions for getting the laptop to see the MiFi?
Here is something that could help you with this issue. I have provided you with a way to check the WIFI settings for your MIFI and to make sure that the correct WIFI profile is set up for you.
To connect to the MiFi Settings in the MiFi 2200, follow this procedure:
1. Establish a Wi-Fi connection to the MiFi 2200.
- Use your normal Wi-Fi manager on your computer to establish a Wi-Fi connection from your computer to the MiFi 2200.
- The Wi-Fi settings must match those in use on the MiFi 2200. If using the default settings, refer to the Quick Start Guide for the default values. If you have previously changed the default profile on the MiFi 2200, or are using a different profile, use the values previously set on the MiFi 2200.
2. Open your Web Browser
3. In the “Address” or “Location” bar, enter the address of the MiFi 2200:
4. The Welcome Page appears.
Once this appears and you have logged in you should access to the WIFI screen which will allow you to change WIFI profiles and make sure that there is no connection problems with your PC. Here is a link to the user manual that gives you more in detail information about the WIFI screen: http://infomanagerdoc.ddc.vzwcorp.com/EQUIPMENT_GUIDE/equipment_guide/WEP/Manual/Verizon%20Wireless/... starting on page 26
I hope that this is helpful!