Dont buy the Verizon Hub. It is a disaster !
jdimitriou

Verizon should refund all who purchased the hub.  It has never worked correctly since day 1.  You are lucky to hold a phone signal for more than 10 minutes.

Run from this product !

Verizon should pull this from their websites and stop selling them !

:smileymad: 

0 Likes
Re: Dont buy the Verizon Hub. It is a disaster !
JRod

sorry to hear it does not work for you.

I bought one about a month ago and so far so good. I connect it using the ethernet cable. I will like more flexibility on what I can do with it but I like it so far.

0 Likes
Emilyrose

I'm really sorry you're having trouble with it.  I live in the mountains, surrounded by woods, with no signal at all.  With a minimal shot at the sky, the system was able to easily lock onto a GPS signal and was up and running in about 10 minutes.  I had to shut it down to move it, and it reacquired the GPS lock and the system just as quickly.  This can be a real life saver for me because all of our utilities are above ground and my landline has been knocked out by lightening twice.  There has to be someone at Verizon who can help you.

0 Likes
InsuranceTECH

I would have to say that I felt the same way for the first several months of my owning a unit.  Here's what eventually solved my

issues with connection problems:

-replaced my Linksys with the Vz router

-had Vz send me a replacement Hub unit

These two in tandem have seemed to solve the problems and everything works as described now.

I believe that some of the initial units either had internal issues, or either Vz had some software upgrades that could only be performed on the physical units at the factory.  You would think that software problems could be solved and downloaded to the unit, but maybe that's not the case.  I was also told that the Vz stores NO LONGER support this unit and you have to go through PHONE SUPPORT to have them send you a replacement unit, which is what I did.

I'm enjoying my Hub now because I have a DIAL TONE anytime I pick it up.  All of the other aspects of the unit are good and

sometimes useful, but the constant dial tone/connection is got to be Vz's main focus.  Without it, nothing else matters.

Signed,

Finally Satisfied!

0 Likes
bmcneely0

Sorry you're having problems.  The Hub is my fourth venture into the VoIP market and its by far the best experience.  The quality is great, when I have to call customer service for updates on my number port I don't have to deal with a "language barrier", and when there has been a problem Verizon has always done right by me.  I'm using a Belkin N1 Vision router and use the ethernet cable connection.  If you're using the wireless connection, give the cable connection a try.  If that works then it's one of two things, the wireless in the hub or the wireless in the router.  Another reason I selected the wired connection is that I know from experience when transferring large amounts of data from one system to another through the wireless connection on the Belkin, I'll sometimes drop my connection.  If you're having problems, start with a simple configuration and then work from there.   I think if you work with the support group you'll be OK.

0 Likes