EnV Touch tethering... Nothing but problems!
Tweston1

As the title states, I've been having tethering issues. The VZAccess Manager software will not recognize my phone. It tells me there is no device connected. I've tried redownloading and reinstalling the AM software, all phone drivers, reset my phone, set it as a modem, restarting the computer time and time again, hoping it would work... Nothing.

Anyone else having problems getting their device to be recognized?

I am running two operating systems. One hard drive has Windows 7 and the other Vista 64 bit.

Verizon gives up. They told me to take my phone and laptop into a Verizon store. I would if I could.

If anyone has any info, please let me know.

0 Likes
Re: EnV Touch tethering... Nothing but problems!
Tweston1

Thought I would post the error message too...

A wireless phone was not found. Make sure the data cable is securely plugged into your wireless phone and your computer. Also check to make sure the power to your wireless phone is on and close all other applications that may be using the COM port.

Checked and double checked. The only thing I am iffy about is the COM port thing but all my devices in device manager are on their own COM ports. All phone drivers are showing up in device manager, which claims they are working fine.

0 Likes
johnpana
I have the exact problem. The only difference was I went back after all you did and got new phone. The new phone has the same problem. Someone please help!
0 Likes
Maunawili-Bud

I have used the VZAccess manager with my touch through a bluetooth connection.  Had the touch bluetooth turned on, started Access and it found the touch with no trouble.  I never activated the data since I don't need it at the moment, but it was ready to collect my $49.95.

After reading this thread, I disabled bluetooth,  then tried plugging in the charging/data cable, clicked on data, and started VZAccess.  Tried many things but it couldn't find the touch.  I may not have the right driver but the cable connection works for transfering music.

When I run BitPim, it shows an LG CDMA Serial Port (COM6) and a Serial over Bluetooth link.  I can access the phone on the bluetooth link but not on the Com6 port.

My laptop is running Vista, I have Win 7 on it also and will try that later (I'll have to install the access mgr on Win 7).

Looks like there might be a problem if others are having difficulty.  have you tried the bluetooth connection?

0 Likes
Not applicable
Has anyone found a solution to this?  I spoke to a rep for abt an hour before I found this thread to no avail.  Told me it was a Vista issue.
0 Likes
cinja1961
I teIther with my alias and had the same problem. I tried with bluetooth and usb cable and could never get it to recoginize my phone so I just set it up under my connections on my laptop and dont use the Vzw program and everything works fine. I keep track of my usage on my verizon.
0 Likes
johnpana
This phone has been out for how long? This problem is still ongoing. I got one word. Shenanigans.  Tethering with this phone was the only reason I came to Verizon. The manager at the store said "Yes you can tether with this phone. I switched and next thing you know I had to get a Internet card. When my agreement is up I WILL switch to a company that will not lie and be will to help.
0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes