FIOS box in my garage? HELP!!!
JUSTFOREMAIL32

Please help my ignorant butt.... when we bought our house it had a Verizon labeled battery box of some sort in the garage that beeped every 10 minutes so I unplugged it. As far as I can tell via internet searches it is a battery backup for unknown Verizon services. The only other bit of evidence for this is a dual ethernet jack on the wall on the opposite side of the house (the only ethernet jack in the house).

On Verizon's website, and online chat, no Verizon FIOS voice, internet, or TV is available in my zip code (72023). I was actually told no FIOS services are available in Arkansas, at all. The online chat people for Verizon won't tell me anything about services prior to me buying the house, which I get, but I know you wouldn't just buy a FIOS battery box off ebay and put it on your garage wall because you're bored.

Was hoping someone could help somehow as I know this house had Verizon services at some point...

feel free to respond or email me directly at [removed]   Thanks in advance!

IMG_0126.jpgIMG_0125.jpg

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS box in my garage? HELP!!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon Fios community forum is Verizon Forums – Welcome to the Verizon Fios® Community. The community members there might be familiar with the technology in your pictures.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, wow! JUSTFORMEMAIL32, I definitely understand the concern. I want to make sure you are reaching out to the right team. You can reach out to FIOS via the link below. They will be more than happy to assist you. 

https://www.facebook.com/fios/?fref=ts

Dia_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Dia_VZW And if a customer DOESN'T use Facebook?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
JUSTFOREMAIL32

yeah I don't have facebook. You would think the online chat would come up with something but appaaaaaarently the previous owners bought a Verizon FIOS box and put it up just so one day I would be on here looking like a moron, which isn't hard.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon Fios community forum is Verizon Forums – Welcome to the Verizon Fios® Community. The community members there might be familiar with the technology in your pictures.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I can tell you that looks nothing like the Verizon Fios box in my home. Is it possible it could simply be Verizon landline and/or DSL, especially if the local Verizon office tells you Fios is not available in your area? If you are not using it, I would simply leave it unplugged. The beeping is simply a warning that you need to replace the battery in order to have battery backup in case of a power outage. No need to have battery backup if you are not using it, though.

I have replaced the battery in my Fios box twice in the past ~12 yrs

0 Likes
JUSTFOREMAIL32

Well when I check for availability for dsl and when I check for FIOS, both say not available in my area. ‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Without knowing what a Fios box looks like, I'm inclined to agree this looks more like a phone board or DSL equipment as the smaller wires are similar to what you would see associated with a phone line.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Looking at the label, it looks like CPL28U12 is this: http://fiosfaq.com/docs/bbu-manual.pdf

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is, indeed, one of the older power converters & battery backups for Verizon FiOS. Smiley Happy

Mine used to look like that, but has been replaced twice over the years.