FIVESPOT Battery Charging Indicator
PSUDad

The manual states the battery indicator will show as solid green when fully charged, though mine only shows solid green for about a second and then turns off.

Got the device yesterday, plugged it in and the green light was blinking.  It said to charge it for 5 hours prior to first use.  However, when I came back home 1 1/2 hours later, there were no indicators illuminated.

I unplugged it and plugged it back in - the battery indicator was initially red, then went solid green for a second or so, and then turned off - no indicators lit.

I then the device up via USB, powered down, disconnected, turned back on and tested access with several devices, for about 10 minutes or so.  Then turned off and went to bed.

This morning, I plugged it back in, assuming it would at least take a little charge and blink for awhile.  It did the same thing it did last night.  The red came on, then the solid green came on for a second or two, then no lights.

So, the question is, is the green solid light supposed to stay lit, as long as the device is plugged in?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIVESPOT Battery Charging Indicator
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

Please click on the following link.  It will take you to the Verizon Wireless support page for the Fivesopt device.  Once you are on the page, select Device Manual, and then type in the word INDICATOR in the find field.  You will then see a color chart with all of the light indicators on it.  

http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/vzw_fivespot/fivespot_manual.pdf

Ralph Thompson

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PSUDad

I called tech support and they said it wasn't working properly and suggested I take it back and get a new one.  So, I went to the Verizon store and got a new one.  Plugged it in and it was blinking green for awhile.  Looked over at it about an hour later and there are no indicator lights on.

So, either the solid green light only stays on for a brief time when fully charged, then turns off, or this one is broken too.

I wish somone from Verizon would respond to this.  I can't keep running back and forth to the store, only to keep getting the same results and not know if it is proper behavior or I received another broken unit.

0 Likes
NKroll

This is NOT the answer you want. I think you have another bad one. Have only had mine a few weeks, and I'm hopeless at tech stuff, but on mine, the light is amber for a while, then green, and stays solid green until it starts to run down. Good luck.

0 Likes
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

Please click on the following link.  It will take you to the Verizon Wireless support page for the Fivesopt device.  Once you are on the page, select Device Manual, and then type in the word INDICATOR in the find field.  You will then see a color chart with all of the light indicators on it.  

http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/vzw_fivespot/fivespot_manual.pdf

Ralph Thompson

0 Likes