Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fivespot: unsecured when tethered to computer
jag22810

My fivespot does not display the "locked" symbol when in WiFi and device is tethered to my computer.  When the fivespot is untethered to the computer, the "locked" symbol IS displayed.  How do I "secure" the WiFi when the device is tethered to the computer?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Fivespot: unsecured when tethered to computer
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

Care to ellaborate what you mean by "Lock" symbol?  Something in your browser perhaps?

My guess is that your tethered connection is not going through the wireless so there is no need to indicate that the connection is locked/secured.  Cabled connections do not use the same wireless security protocols because they are not needed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

Care to ellaborate what you mean by "Lock" symbol?  Something in your browser perhaps?

My guess is that your tethered connection is not going through the wireless so there is no need to indicate that the connection is locked/secured.  Cabled connections do not use the same wireless security protocols because they are not needed.

0 Likes
jag22810

Thank you very much for your prompt explanation.  

Regards,

Jack Eastman

0 Likes