Gateway Notebook
SeeYaLater

I purchased a Gateway Notebook from Verizon and obtained a contract for data usage with the computer.  I am not very computer savvy (to say the least!).  I did not know when I purchased the computer it did not come with a Software CD.  Now the computer has a virus and I have been told the only attempt at cure is to lose all data on the computer and reload the softward.  I took the computer to Verizon and they do not have the software.  Gateway refuses to provide the software without a substantial fee.  I just want to cancel my contract with Verizon (for the computer THEY sold me - WITHOUT A SOFTWARE BACKUP...) and they are charging me for the contract termination... Soo dissappointed - am shopping for a new network for my 5 LINES OF PHONE SERVICE!!!

0 Likes
Re: Gateway Notebook
verizonmoderator1

<Discussion moved from "My Device" space to "Netbook & Broadband Community" space for more exposure.>

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello SeeYaLater! I'm very sorry that you've experienced issues with your Gateway Netbook. It is true that when you purchase a Netbook or Notebook from Verizon Wireless, a hard copy (CD) version of the operating system is not included. This is, however, not a practice that is specific to Verizon Wireless. Several months ago, I purchased a laptop computer from another major electronics retailer that did not include a CD of the operating system. With some research of all electronics retailers, I'm sure you can confirm that is quite common. Although I'm sure it is too late to advise you of this now, it is recommended that when you purchase a computer or laptop, you create a backup disc so that you can restore your device in the event of an attack from invasive program.

I'm curious to know if you contacted Microsoft about your concerns. In the past, I have experienced issues similar to what you've described and reached out to them for support. They have been extremely helpful! Thanks for your time. I hope this matter is resolved quickly.

DionM

VZW Support

Follow Us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
SeeYaLater

Thank you for the info.  I had not checked with Microsoft – good suggestion, I will try it.

0 Likes