Has anyone been able to escape their contract without the penalty when Verizon has repeatedly been unable to provide service or maintain consistent use of the Mifi Jetpack?
Based on the hundreds of web forum postings of known problems with this unit and the repeated runaround from Verizon, has anyone been able to get out of the contract without penalty?
Please post emails and ways to contact you. If penalized, I'm going to see what we can do through state attorneys' general or others to help all of us as a class.
You might want to review your contract with Verizon Wireless. It has some wording in there about your ability to create a class action.
I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.
We normally do not hear back from folks who leave VZW under an Early Termination agreement. Perhaps that is part of the agreement that VZW makes.
Lots of advice is offered on various threads on how to provide leverage over VZW when it comes to the ETF. However, I'm sure VZW takes ET on a case by case basis.
Heres what we do know:
- All devices have a 2 week trial period with no penalties for cancelation
- VZW can send you infinite devices and SIM cards while your device is under the warranty
- All plans are pro-rated. The longer you stay the cheaper the ETF
- VZW has a clause in the Terms of Service that states that they are only liable under small claims court (no class action)
- Extended service areas are not the same as the normal service areas