Help connecting MiFi device to existing network (wireless router + wireless printer)
rascalflatts36

Hey, I'm trying to connect my MiFi hotspot to an existing home network I had set up from my DSL days. I was wondering how I can add the MiFi to that network so that I can print from my wireless printer and be on the internet at the same time.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Help connecting MiFi device to existing network (wireless router + wireless printer)
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1

The MiFi acts as both a LAN router and a modem for the internet.  You don't "connect" the Mifi to the home network.  The MiFi becomes the home's router/3G modem,  and your printer and computers connect to IT, wirelessly.

0 Likes
Re: Help connecting MiFi device to existing network (wireless router + wireless printer)
rascalflatts36
Ok.... so how can I get my printer to connect to my Wifi? Do I do it through the VZAcess Manager to detect the device?
0 Likes
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1
No.  each computer will reach the printer via it's IP address, or more practically, through it's name, so that if the addy changes, the computers will still find the printer!  Go to Printers, Properties, Ports.  Add a TCP/IP port and set it up.  Look online for more detailed instructions, but it's really not difficult. Be sure you are running the correct driver for your printer, before beginning.
Message Edited by dave1812 on 08-06-2009 03:46 PM
0 Likes