Home Fusion Data Usage
justindail311x2

This happens a lot and verizon will not help you at all they say it is your fault not theirs. I disconnected every single device I have completely from all power sources and left only the home fusion box plugged in. Still got like 10gb overages withing 3 days while I was gone out of state. The next month I even unplugged the Home Fusion router and still recieved overages that were impossible. Note I live in a rural area where there are no neighbors to blame for using my wifi. It is a verizon issue that shows how much they know about technology and networking.

>> Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Home Fusion Data Usage
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

If the entire HomeFusion system is powered off it will be impossible for it or any of your personal devices to consume data.  VZW cannot defend that with anything other than delayed billing which should not be an issue with HomeFusion products.  VZW previously only installed HomeFusion in full service areas where roaming and delayed billing is not an issue.

Continue to power down your HF when you feel the data is getting out of control.  Document when you powered off the device and back on again then compare it to the data reports from VZW.  You can cross reference the timestamps on the data sessions to your personal logs to see if there is any correlation going on or not.

If the data usage sessions are only occurring when the HF is turned on then consider installing data monitors on your personal devices. A great new product was just released for Windows called GlassWire that can break down and show you your application data usage.  Apple and Andriod have similar applications too.

0 Likes