Home Fusion, stay away
Davileet
Enthusiast - Level 1

I thought I would share my experience with Home Fusion service by Verizon like the other hundreds of people. I too have had many consistent issues with Home Fusion. I am glad to say that I have cancelled it as of today and will no longer be charged for internet I never used, unfortunately I am having to pay the ETF. I have filed with the BBB and FCC, so hopefully the ETF can be handled.

I have replaced the cantenna three times along with three new routers over the course of one year, 5/13 - 5/14. I have been told by a technician that the cantennas last about 6months to a year before they fail. I have also most recently had several connection issues where the internet will drop several times a day around the same time every night and I would battle to get it reconnected for 20 minutes or longer.  I have had the online light on the router stay yellow for days without connecting and had to replace the cantenna then. Once the cantenna is replaced the system will act normal for a while and then begin to crap out once again, but ghost data seems to be consistent for the duration of my service. Everyday I would wake up and have ghost data charges even though the system was shut down overnight. I would have it off all day when at work, then while I would connect to the internet once getting home, it would charge me up to 1gb depending on how bad it wanted to treat me. Don't even think about downloading something because they will charge you excess bandwidth. If I downloaded a 1gb file, I would be charged 2gb.

I have been in touch with Verizon about a hundred times and mostly would get in touch with people who couldn't even connect me to the right department or would hang up on me. When you finally do get in touch with a rep, like others have stated, Verizon likes to spew the whole "new software is coming," yet never giving the customer credit for their terrible connection issues and bogus data charges. If Verizon knows there is several issues with hardware and the software it blows my mind that replacing bad equipment several times is more cost effective then coming out with decent equipment to begin with. Why would you pick a Vietnamese router company, Technicolor, to be your router of choice just because they were the cheapest option?

Finally, I would like to ad that I previously had the mifi devices that Verizon offers, and even though the bandwidth caps were much less for more money, I never felt that I wasn't being charged data that I never used. Since going to home fusion because I felt I would receive more bandwidth for the money,  and it turns out that is not true.

0 Likes
Re: Home Fusion, stay away
C_Reese

Sorry to hear your problems with the Home Fusion.  I have called, chated online and wrote a letter to complain about the constant cutting out and 21.00 rental charge for the router I never knew existed.  I cant get them to change monthly fee so I plan to let them have it back in August.  That is if I don't decide to set out in front of their store in Gallatin,Tenessee with a  " YOU LIED TO CUSTOMERS" sign.  I have the contract and it says flat 60 bucks a month for 10 GB  

0 Likes
Davileet
Enthusiast - Level 1

C. Reese, I am sorry to hear about your "bonus" monthly charges for home fusion. I could not imagine paying extra money for the service. It is a sad day when these huge companies are allowed to walk all over the customers and run rampant with charges and bad services like they are allowed to do in these modern days. I now know that Verizon is not going to be a company I ever do business with again, and I will be sure to let everyone know from this day forward how I was treated as a "customer". It is unfortunate how companies that gain popularity for good service, then ride out their reputation while screwing the customer over in the later years. These large companies seem to forget that they are only in the position they are in because of the customers.

DougMac
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sorry to hear of your problems.

I'm responding to this post because there are probably others like me who came to the forum to help decide whether Home Fusion would be a good fit.

I got Home Fusion because there were few, if any options for our rural location.  I had AT&T DSL that never went above  ~400k download.  I looked at satellite internet, but it is expensive, slow and rife with problems.  A neighbor told us about Home Fusion (a good indicator we had coverage) and after doing research, including this forum, we decided to sign up.  That was in March, 2014.

Thankfully we haven't had the amount of problems described here.  There have been some peak times when availability was spotty and I've had to reset the cantenna twice.  I've monitored our usage very closely and we have not had problems with ghost usage.

Frankly, I'd prefer to have fiber run all the way to the house with blistering speed and unlimited usage, but that's not going to happen any time soon where we live.  Home Fusion is not perfect by any means, but there are users like me who have had minimal problems.

0 Likes
Amri

I've been a Verizon internet customer for many years and have had Home Fusion for close to a year, after using Jet Packs.  Initially I was excited to be able to double my usage from 5 Gb to 10 Gb at an increase of only $10/month.  Sounded great and I looked forward to being able to watch a few YouTube videos per month like everybody else on the planet.  The first month it was amazing - we were able to watch videos and it seemed that we were barely able to scratch the surface of the data available to us.  We were happily reassured that 10 Gb via The Home Fusion system would be just right.  The next month it was like a switch was activated.  With no change in internet behavior from the previous month, we used up the 10 Gb allotment in a fraction of the time.  Now we have gone back to the way we used it when we had the 5 Gb plan and a Jet Pack - no video - and whereas we used 5 Gb before, we're now being charged for 10 Gb or more.  I've thought of increasing our data plan, but I have a feeling that no matter how big our plan is, we will get no enhancement of services with just a higher bill to show for it.  Impossible to prove, but I think we're being ripped off and I intend to go shopping for another carrier as soon as my contract expires.

0 Likes
Amri

Just a clarification - by "ripped off" I'm referring to our perception of apparent data usage manipulation.

0 Likes
miznixe
Enthusiast - Level 2

We also live in a rural area and thought home fusion would be a fantastic option.  That is not the case!! Our usual data usage was about 15Gb/month on the busiest of times.  It has been 4 months since we got Home Fusion and our data use is at 30Gb/month because we kept getting overage charges.  I put usage meters on all our devices and when I add everything up at the end of the month, I come up with 8-10, Verizon is charging me for 30!!!  The part that bothers me the most is when I call customer service and am told that I can learn to put "caps" on my data usage- great idea if I were actually the one using the data.  There have been two times this past month alone where I have turned off the cantenna and checked usage a couple days later only to see that 1-2 Gb were transferred during that time period. 

If you are looking into this as a good option for internet- stay away!  Keep looking elsewhere.

0 Likes
dj9meisner

Where do I even begin???  I have spent countless hours on the phone, and in the Verizon store trying to deal with ALL the issues we've had since buying the Home Fusion system.  Starting with the ridiculous "installation"- which included not one, but two holes drilled in our BRAND NEW wood flooring!  The installer hit a cold air duct the first drill.......nevermind that the system should have been installed in the basement from the get-go.  Not set on our computer desk with wires running through the floor and into the basement!  HELLO- it's a wifi system!  Then, when I went into the basement, there were wires draped across the ceiling- not tacked to the boards, just hanging there!  Then, there was the hole drilled through our siding, which was done from the inside, and resulted in a hole placed in the wrong spot, allowing rain to enter!  It took several phone calls, and 3!!!  promises of someone showing up to fix the botched job, before someone FINALLY showed up!!! 

After reading all these reviews, I realize we are not alone in all our issues with the Home Fusion.  We too were assured that because our average usage was 5 gb a month, that 10 gb was a more than ample amount to switch to this system.  We gave up our unlimited data to switch to this system!  In the 2 years that we have suffered along with this system, we have stayed under 10 gb a handful of times!  There was one month in particular, that the system said we used 10 gb in one day, a Wednesday when no one was home!!  That month resulted in a total usage of 24 gb!!!  When I called to talk to someone, I was told that to lessen the overage charges, I should change my plan temporally, to add gigabytes, and then turn around and change it back.  The idiot did not tell me that this too costs $$$.......we ended up spending more that way, then if we had just paid the overages!!!  We have paid unreal amounts of overage charges in the last two years!!  I have spent crazy amounts of time on the phone, only to be told what everyone else has heard- we ARE using the data somewhere!  change your password!  (even though it is password protected) turn your computer off when not in use!  blah blah blah!!!  Our computer habits have not changed one bit, yet we are using crazy amounts of data!!  They can not tell us which devices because of privacy laws.  There was even one Verizon employee who insinuated that the installer somehow was stealing from us.  If I had a nickel for all the hours on the phone with Verizon, and every single person promising to look into this issue, and promising to call back- I'd be a rich person!!!  Not to mention that we are on our second system- the first one failed 2 weeks after our one year warranty period was up.  I absolutely would not stay with Verizon or this system if we had any other options.  I am beyond fed up with the whole thing!!!  I could go on and on and on.......you get the picture, we are all having the same issues with absolutely NO RESOLUTION!!!  If there is a class action suit brought up, count us in- I've had it!!!  The right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing when it comes to dealing with anyone at Verizon! 

0 Likes
miznixe
Enthusiast - Level 2

sstarted with mifi a couple years ago, and although it worked well we thought it would be good to increase data allowance.  With home fusion we use the Internet much less, turn it off repeatedly during the day and every night, never a stream videos, etc....30Gb plan!  Wish there were other options.

0 Likes
datslor

I am cancelling my service today.  Our service has been so spotty and I have been battling and trouble shooting for over a year.  I have spent hours and hours on the phone with Verizon- time I will never get back.  Today I will be free.  I have no other internet provider in my area so I will be without internet at home, but honestly, I haven't had reliable service for a year, the only difference is that I will not be a fool and hand my money over to Verizon every month for their horrible service.  The icing on the cake was when they sent a technician out last month to "fix" the problem.  There were no improvements and they charged me $100 for the technician to come out.  I am not going to be Verizon's fool anymore!  I am cancelling and calling a class action attorney.

0 Likes