HomeFusion Down 13 Days Now!
wwaldo7956

I've had HomeFusion (30GB Plan) for over 2 1/2 months. Everything was working great. Excellent speeds, only the occasional dropped signal. Then last Wednesday nothing..constant amber light flashing for the 4G signal. I've been on the phone with customer service everyday (they have been very polite and are from the US which I think is a plus) and they have attempted to help me, even calling me back numerous times to see if anything had changed.

I've done all the repowering, rebooting, etc. to no avail. The HBA lights will be solid green for one always and the other cycles thru green/blue with an occassional red. I have two towers I get service from, one 3 miles away and one 3.5 miles away.

Well, I'm on day 9 without service now and today I'm supposed to get a new router via Fedxe but I seriously doubt if that is it. Whne this started, it actually worked the first two days from around 830pm until 1130pm the first two nights and then quit. Since then, nothing.. just a flashing amber light on the router.

I didn't get the service agreement so they say I'll have to pay $150 to get someone out to look at the antenna. Doesn't seem right for something less than 3 months old but that's another problem. Thank goodness Ford doesn't do that when you buy a car and the engine dies...

Anyways, I have two questions:

1. Any ideas I could try that isn't in the standard procedures I've already done?

2. I had a steel roof put on the week that HF quit working. The HBA is about 5 feet below the roof and faces the two Towers. Could this possibly affect the signal? My brother has the Verizon 4G Mifi unit and I put that in my bedroom window facing the towers direction and it worked fine. It was actually closer the the roof than the HBA. Also, friends have HomeFusion about two miles from me and theirs works fine so I'm guessing it's not the towers (plus tech support put in a ticket to check their equipment and that come back as everything fine).

I love the service after coming from hughesnet satelite (which was better than dialup but just marginally) for 9 years and would never go back. yes HF is expensive but when it works, I have no complaints. I did use a 3G system for a few months while waiting for 4G to get into my area and that worked fine using verizon signal but is no-where near as fast as 4G.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated......

Again, i will say their Customer Service tech Support has been excellent, much better than almost any other company I've dealt with (read Dish network, Hughesnet). Thanks Jim, Robby, Scott!

On DAY 10 of no HomeFusion now. No call backs yesterday like I was promised. No new router which was supposed to be overnighted like I was promised. Now we're going into the weekend which means my family will be without internet until at least next week. You would think they would send me a mifi unit to use until they get the HF fixed. No such luck... Message was edited by: Ward Waldo

Message was edited by: Ward Waldo Day 11 without HF. They are finally sending a technician out next wednesday to replace the Cantenna. Not that I don't appreciate that but I've been saying since day 2 that it had to be the Cantenna after all of my testing.. well, here's hoping!

Message was edited by: Ward Waldo Well, day 13 and still no HF. A technician is supposed to come out Wednesday (if he doesn't come, it's 7 days after that for the next opne day) so we'll see. I did get a call out of the blue yesterday from one of the initial Reps I talk to originally and he was surprised I still had no service. He said he'd call Wednesday to see if the technician fixed the problem. I also asked him why I was never offered the $6.99 service plan when I bought HF and he had no answer but said I'm now not eligble to get it past the initial 30 days.

0 Likes
Re: HomeFusion Down 9 Days
MIZZOU
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would recommend taking your brother's Mifi unit and testing it while as close as possible to your HBA to determine if it too has 4G signal issues.  If not, then it's likely an issue with your HBA which would hopefully improve with replaced hardware.

0 Likes
wwaldo7956

I had the Mifi unit within about 5 feet of the cantenna originally and it received a good signal.

On DAY 10 of no HomeFusion now. No call backs yesterday like I was promised. No new router which was supposed to be overnighted like I was promised. Now we're going into the weekend which means my family will be without internet until at least next week. You would think they would send me a mifi unit to use until they get the HF fixed. No such luck...

0 Likes
Re: HomeFusion Down 13 Days Now!
wwaldo7956

Sorry, I meant to get back on here and update my HF problem. It took two weeks but they finally sent out a tech and it was the Cantenna. Put a new one on and HF has worked fine since. It just aggravates me that it took two weeks especially after I did all the work for them to figure out it was a bad antenna.

0 Likes
Re: HomeFusion Down 13 Days Now!
TheThomas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is your service still working?  I have a similar problem but I am reluctant to have them send a truck as the other threads say this will not fix the issue.  I after 9 days, my has only worked for the first day and then the Cantenna died. Still no service.  I like the service when it works but will be forced to cancel it before Friday.  

0 Likes
TheThomas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree and have similar great performance on a 4G LTE jetpack but not on HomeFusion.

I have a 4G LTE jetpack at my house, I get 2 signal bars of 4G LTE service <within the house> , 15-18Mbps download, 50ms ping (per speedtest.net)  So I have a signal (even though my trouble ticket was escalated and the Verizon network guys said I did not have adequate coverage) so it really is the HomeFusion product and specifically the Cantenna. 

When I looked at the router this morning, the light was green but still no communication to the Cantenna.  The admin view of the router says the Cantenna is "unreachable."  I powered down router (switched off and unplugged) and also powered down the Cantenna (unplugged the power supply)  and after it all woke back up, the light was amber.  Still no communication to the Cantenna.  There are so many other posts on threads like this stating that it is not a Cantenna failure (just a bad Cantenna) but if I didn't know better, the Cantenna is just plain dead (bad hardware.)  However it worked great for 24 hours, then got flaky. 

Others talk about a firmware upgrade that gets pushed to it that kills it once it is on the network.  This is my working assumption until I see otherwise. 

0 Likes