How do I get Verizon to check my data use on my mifi that I know I did not use on the date they say I used 3g in one day ?
melman3468
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I get Verizon to check my data use on my mifi that I know I did not use on the date they say I used 3g in one day ?

0 Likes
Re: How do I get Verizon to check my data use on my mifi that I know I did not use on the date they say I used 3g in one day ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi melman3468,

Let's look into this! Have you had an opportunity to review your detailed usage here:http://bit.ly/xB4iTc ? Additionally, were any other device connected to your mi-fi during the date in question? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: How do I get Verizon to check my data use on my mifi that I know I did not use on the date they say I used 3g in one day ?
melman3468
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you I had not looked at that. After looking at this info I see that this data was used on the 14 Oct at 3 & 4 am. So besides not using the MIFI on that date it is way to early for us to be up and on the internet. The MIFI was not turned on on the 14 & 15 at all we were in an RV park using the free internet provided by the RV park.

>> Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
nwcoug
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happened to me too, and stated I used data at 2:38am on 10-28-13. This is totally false. Customer Service was NO HELP at all. I think monkeys are working at Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi melman3468,

It is impossible for your MiFi to use data when turned off. Please follow me and send me a private message including your wireless number and account verification (same you verify when you call us), and I'll review your account for accuracy!

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi nwcoug!

I'd be happy to help you with your device and usage. If the Mifi device was turned off, it isn't able to connect any devices. Have you checked your data details on My Verizon? Are there other sessions that are in these sort of time frames? If leaving the PC on and the Mifi on, data can be incurred. Please supply me with some additional details so I can help.

Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
nwcoug
Enthusiast - Level 2

I talked with three reps in Customer Service. They all told me something completely different...it really started to become comical. The last rep forwarded me to Tech Support stating that it was a problem with my iphone and that they could help me. Upon talking to Tech Support, they stated that they were unsure why I was forwarded to them. Rep there told me they would pull my information and contact me back in 20 minutes. It is now over two days later, and guess what, no contact.

I literally spent the bulk of my day on the phone with Verizon, or with Verizon Live Chat, attempting to get this issue resolved. I got nowhere. The answer for me is actually very simple at this point...if I have charges on my next bill I simply will not pay them and switch service to another provider. I kept all transcripts, and names of those I spoke/chatted with. Verizon can come after me if they claim payment is due to them. I will counter...I work at a law firm.

melman3468
Enthusiast - Level 2

AntonioC_VZW                My MIFI number is << number removed >> I'm not on tweeter so not sure how to private message you the rest of the information you need. I understand that the MIFI cannot use data when it is off. That is why I am questioning the data use on the 14th of Oct 2013. I have had my MIFI since 2009 and have never used that much data in a month little lone in one day at 3 in the morning.

<< Private information removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nwcoug,

That is certainly not the route we want you to take. We understand that getting consistent information is important so please allow us the opportunity to review everything for you. Please follow me at TonyG_VZW and then send a direct message with your name, number and billing password. We want to take a full look at this and get this resolved once and for all.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW

0 Likes
my73dollys
Contributor - Level 1

I also am being charged for excessive date use. Had been using 2-4 GB since getting the Jet Pack MiFi. Now being charged with 8 GB for the last several weeks. Something needs to be researched @ Verizon regarding what is causing these extreme data usage. I do not have any other internet service & the only 2 items I am connecting to are an IPhone5 & my laptop computer.

0 Likes