How to fix MiFi 2200 that VZ Access Mgr can't find (no status light)?
P-beau

I have a new Verizon MiFi 2200 I am trying to get running.  VZAM software was downloaded successfully.  Windows (XP SP3) Device Manager recognizes the phone as a modem when I plug it into the USB. It shows the drivers were installed.    If I press the master reset with a paper clip, device manager drops the the modem out, and then picks it up again right away.  Unfortunately, the windows modem query does not get an answer back.  And, VZAM software doesn't find it as a device either.

I have a solid green power light.  But, there status/activity light won't come on.  Pressing the power light didn't fix it.  Pressing the master reset didn't fix it, either.

I reinstalled the VZAM software.  I tried  another laptop running Windows 7 - still no communication.  VZAM downloaded the firmware update.  When it tried to install it, it could could not write it into the MiFi.

The Verizon tech service phone people tried to tell me I need to buy service first, before the computer software can communicate with the WiFi, but that is NOT what the manual says.  It sounds like a hardware issue to me.

So, any highly experienced people ---- shall I send this boat anchor back, or do you have suggestions for another route I can go???

Thanks for your help.

P-beau

0 Likes
Re: How to fix MiFi 2200 that VZ Access Mgr can't find (no status light)?
CrystalSoFine

Verizon is right. You need to buy the service before they will allow you to use it. You should have a phone number already assigned to set up your account. If not, you just have a piece of equipment.

0 Likes
Re: How to fix MiFi 2200 that VZ Access Mgr can't find (no status light)?
P-beau

I got partway.  I went to a VZW store and they got me a phone number, linked to the inherent device number.  Then, it became apprarent that the device is defective. My supplier is sending out a new one,  I'll be travelling a lot, and won't be there to receive it for a while, then back on the road again.  I'll check back in when this gets resolved,

Thanks for the reply

P-Beau

0 Likes