I am still having trouble using my 551L with Mac OS X. Any Advice?
KEV815PAN
Contributor - Level 1

For a little while I was able to get it to work by Unplugging everything else from the 4 USB Ports on my Mid Year 2010 Mac Mini (the $699.99 Model at the time, NOT the $999.99 Model at the time), but it has now Stopped working again. I do have access to Apple Mac USB Diagnostic Tools, as I am in the Paid Apple Developer Programs (the $99 a year Memberships at http://developer.apple.com/ by the way) and I will Download and Run the Tool if Necessary. I was just wondering if anyone else here is having the same problem as me, and I have actually talked with Verizon (on the Phone) about this issue once before, by the way. TIA.

0 Likes
Re: I am still having trouble using my 551L with Mac OS X. Any Advice?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Kev815pan!

I can only imagine how tedious this has been for you.  I use my usb modem all of the time and I want yours to work just as easy as mine!

I triple checked my resources and I found that having the most current Apple OS as well as the most current version of VZ Access Manager by visiting www.vzam.net.

Please advise if these steps have helped!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Please Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
KEV815PAN
Contributor - Level 1

Just got rid of the 551L beginning 10/08/2012 (Payed the $150 Early Termination Fee) after Upgrading my Primary Line to a Apple IPhone 5 with 4G LTE (which still has Unlimited Date due to Purchasing it Month to Month) and found that the 4G Personal Hotspot on the IPhone 5 was much more Reliable than the 551L. As a Result: I now only have 1 Phone Line with Unlimited Voice, Text, and Data! 🙂

0 Likes
MyVer
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem may not be the Mac. The 551L is an incredibly unstable device. Read the reviews but be aware that Verizon requires a minimum of a one star rating before the review will be accepted, so the 2 star average drops to less than 1/2star. This device deserves 0 stars! Shame on Verizon for promoting a product that never should have left the experimental laboratory.

0 Likes
KEV815PAN
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, everything else works just fine in my 4 USB 2.0 Ports, so it must be the Device that is the Problem. That's exactly the reason why I just got rid of the Device and Paid the ETF.

0 Likes