I am trying to set up the MiFi4620L jetpack to my brother-in-laws computer, which has WIFI. It does not recognize the jetpack. What do I need to do?
Hatechildhoodcancer

I recently put in a new SIMS card to our MiFi4620L Jetpack.  When I was at the Verizon Store the person who was helping me was able to sign onto the internet via the jetpack.  Now that I have my brother-in-laws computer, which has WIFI, I am unable to set up the Jetpack.  It does not recognize it.  What do I need to do to get it set up?

0 Likes
Re: I am trying to set up the MiFi4620L jetpack to my brother-in-laws computer, which has WIFI.  It does not recognize the jetpack.  What do I need to do?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

If the PC cannot "See" the Jetpack then that means one of the following has happened:

1. The wireless adapter in the PC is defective

2. The Jetpack is defective

3. The wireless adapter on the PC cannot see the signal coming from the Jetpack (2.4 Ghz vs. 5.0 Ghz)

4. There are too many competing wireless signals and the PC cannot see the signal from the Jetpack

Solving 1 and 2 is a simple matter of trial and error.  Confirm that the PC can see and connect to other networks.  Confirm that the Jetpack can connect to other PCs.  After that you need to check the specs on the Jetpack and the PC wireless card to make sure they are compatible.  If they are but the Jetpack is still not visible then that usually means the air is too crowded with competing SSIDs/Network names.  This is common in urban/apartment/dorm scenarios where multiple signals are exposed to a single machine.  The solution is either to move to an area with less competition, convert to an Ethernet cable via a wireless bridging device, or migrate to 5.0 Ghz (this jetpack only works on 2.4 Ghz).

0 Likes