Re: I want my money back!
Not applicable

Get a CradlePoint router to share the Verizon service.  I have an MBR1000 that I use for both Charter cable and Verizon mobile broadband.  I plug my USB760 directly into the router.  I just received today a CradlePoint CTR350 for travel.

http://moremobileinternet.com/

0 Likes
unhappycust

i have the 760 usb modem, it is supposedly broadband, currently down loading at the whopping speed of 1.4 kps, i pay for broadband, i get [edit] speed.  unfortunately i have a mac and no other provider has a compatible data card, my next computer will be a pc and i will not get verizon "broadband".   please tell apple that the lousy service and lousy products verizon provides not only cost verizon a customer, but it cost apple a customer

{word filter avoidance}

0 Likes
Not applicable

There is obviously something wrong.  My cable modem test around 6.mbps.  My Verizon broadband around 3 mbps with a USB760.

0 Likes
unhappycust

INDEED THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG, AND VERIZON DOESNT SEEM TO CARE OR BE ABLE TO FIX THE PROBLEM.  THUS THE PROBLEM.  II WILL NOT BE PAYING A CONTRACT TERMINATION FEE EITHER, LET THEM TAKE ME TO COURT

0 Likes
tweaked21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, along with their 5GB usage cap is a steaming pile [edit].

For those of you that keep asking "how in the world can you go over 5GB... blah blah blah" - It's VERY simple to do, if you use the Internet. Internet means more than just "checking your email" and "browsing a couple of websites." It means a LOT more than just doing that. I can go over my 5G limit in less than a week, VERY easily. Heck, I'm right at the limit right this second and my limit rolled over on the 12th (it's now 16th), and I WILL be over in about a day or two.

For starters, I have my own business, which is run completely online. Therefore, when I work, I am online.I do a lot of file transferring (not download, but transferring files I have created). On top of that, I like to monitor my home and shop via live IP cameras that I have setup. While I am at home I use my primary Internet connection, which is Comcast Cable. Which by the way, I only pay $54/monthly for it, have never had a cap problem, and have a [edit] of  a lot faster speeds with.

So why don't I just use Comcast and stop complaining about Verizon's 5GB cap? Simple, I am away from home a lot and require the use of the card. I cannot even use the card for what I purchased it for.

What they are doing is basically a "monopoly." For most of the places I travel to, Verizon happens to have the best signal strength (or only signal at all), which is what I need in order to run my business.

There are a lot of legitimate reasons why a 5GB cap on usage just simply isn't enough.It's not only made for old people checking their email. If you bought this card to just check your email, and you have a landline, you are not very bright. You should just pay for dial-up. That email message wont get to you any faster for $60 a month, if it does it will be by a matter of seconds.

{word filter avoidance}

{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon mobile broadband is not designed to support your business.  It is basically for use when traveling away from home.

0 Likes
tweaked21
Enthusiast - Level 2

It most certainly is designed to support my business! Along with whatever else I feel like using it for. Why do you think the other businesses use them? Why do you think the Government uses them? I highly doubt they use them to play puzzle games over the net.

The card is designed to give you Internet Access. I run my business off of the Internet, and I use the card when I am travelling and/or away from home. Aircard were primarily targeted AT BUSINESSES to start with.

In today's time, 5GB is nothing. 10 years ago is a different story, but this is 2009 not 1999. Just one of my computers at my home has 3TB of hard drive space - ONE COMPUTER! All it will take is for one major company to break out with another unlimited plan, then you will see Verizon follow. That's how it always works. I hate companys that follow trends like that, it shows how much they care about their customers - not at all.

I'm just going to buy out someones "Unlimited" plan and then I'll go out of my way to use the card as much as possible.

0 Likes
Not applicable

When I said "Verizon mobile broadband is not designed to support your business," I'm referring to the plan, not the device.  You get 5 GB for $60.  If you can run your business on that, have at it.  Otherwise, stop complaining.  By the way, if you buy someone's unlimited plan, good luck with the throttled speeds when you reach 5 GB.  The Verizon plan IS NOT designed to do what you are trying to do.  Get another cable or DSL provider to support your business.

0 Likes
keyboard

I feel the same way.  i just ask a question about early termination.  i think the that with paying for home verizon internet/verizon home phone/and verizon cell phone with unlimited internet.  it was an awful deal so i shouldn't have done it.  do you know anyone that discontinued the service? early termination fee of 175?

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
The ETF is $175, minus $5 for each month you completed under contract.
0 Likes