IP Type ARP on MiFi 2200 with Windows 7
abauman

I just purchased a MiFi 2200 device for my Windows 7 laptop. When tethered and using VZ AccessManager everything works just fine. However, when I try to use the MiFi 2200 via WiFi I get limited connectivity and cannot connect to the Internet.

As a means of testing I tried connecting to the MiFi using WiFi and a Windows XP laptop. I connected successfully and could surf the web without any issues.

I went to the Admin Console of the MiFi and checked the LAN settings. It showed two entries ... one for the Windows 7 laptop and the other for the Windows XP laptop. The windows XP laptop connected with an IP Type of DHCP, the Hostname was populated correctly, and the IP Address (192.168.1.2) was within the DHCP range of the MiFi Device. The Windows 7 laptop connected with an IP Type of ARP, did not populate the Hostname, and was assigned an IP Address (192.168.1.104) outside of the MiFi DHCP range.

I would like to know how to increase the DHCP Range of the MiFi device to allow for an IP Type ARP connection.

0 Likes
Re: IP Type ARP on MiFi 2200 with Windows 7
abauman

Figured it out. My WiFi adapter was retaining the last IP Address it had obtained ... in my case my home network.

Go to a command prompt and do an ipconfig -release followed by ipconfig-renew.

It pulls an address from the MiFi from the DHCP range and works perfectly.

0 Likes