Is it possible to use data from your cell with a Kindle Fire HD?
Lici

I just got a Kindle Fire HD and was wondering if I could use the data from my Share Everything plan to connect to the internet through my Kindle?

0 Likes
Re: Is it possible to use data from your cell with a Kindle Fire HD?
Not applicable

Yes, your Share Everything plan includes the Verizon hotspot feature at no additional cost.  Just be careful because you will use a lot of data tethering a tablet or computer to your phone.  I have used as much as 10GB in a month and average around 4GB.

0 Likes
Lici

Thanks for replying! Is this an easy process? I have yet to figure out how to access it – which is why I wasn’t sure if it was possible.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I don't know if you have to call and have it activated or if it's already activated on your account.  On your phone, you would go to the Mobile Hotspot app and turn it on when you want to use it and then connect your tablet or computer same as connecting to any WIFI device.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you trying to connect the Kindle directly to the Verizon Wireless network or through your smartphone (or a mifi mobile hotspot)?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you have a phone with a hotspot feature, yes it is an easy process. Just turn on the hotspot on your phone, name your network, type in a  password and then you will be broadcasting wifi from your phone. Turn on your wifi on the Kindle Fire, select the network you had previously named on your phone, type in the password and you should be connected.

If you are on the Share Everything plan you should not have to call in to activate the hotspot. At least I did not need to do it for my phone.

0 Likes