Is there a way to use the USB760 as an access point to go online on the PS3?
jazzcloud780
I have a USB760 Mobile broadband, and I was just wondering if there was any type of software that the PS3 would recognize with it? I'm on a Mac Leopard computer, I already made some changes so that the Ps3 and other device can see the device. It works well with my Wii, and sometimes my Psp but I can't go online with the PS3. Also, I keep getting a message every now and then saying: "The connection was terminated by a Remote Site." Is that a mistake on my part? Or is that normal with the broadband that I use. I had tried using "Open DNS" so that the Ps3 would be able to go online, but it didn't work. (Also, I deleted the account I had for that site when I started getting the message.) And I'm wondering if I'm getting that message because of that site, and somebody is controlling that connection or something. Any help is appreciated if you can answer one or both of the questions. Thank you.
0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to use the USB760 as an access point to go online on the PS3?
Not applicable

How about a CradlePoint router?

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to use the USB760 as an access point to go online on the PS3?
jazzcloud780
A Cradle Point Router, hmm, that sound interesting. What is it?
0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes
joymoore

I am having a similar issue with connection termination with a USB Modem UM175. I am only trying to get my modem to stay connected on my MacBook for a continuous amount of time longer than 5 mins. After a few mins I get an error message saying, "The connection was terminated by a remote site. Please try again."

Any help? Mac people nor Verizon people can seem to figure out what it is. I am so fed up but have limited options in the area. 

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
aintigreat

Get a wireless router from CradlePoint I got mine from here http://www.3gstore.com/cradlepoint  YOU weill get tech support for your gaming plus they have an evdo gaming guide, with a router you will only need to setup the wireless connection once and any user on any computer, xbox, playstation 3, or Nintendo Wii can connect via wifi or ethernet.   its so easy even a cavemen can do it.

Order from 3gstore > Get the router and turn it on > Connect your verizon card to the rotuer > 15 seconds your connected just connect to the wifi like you would at a coffe shop.

0 Likes