Jetpack connection issue
AprilRT

I recently upgrade my mifi 2200 to a jetpack 890L, I have been able to connect phones, ipods, Kindle's, laptops with Windows 7, no problem but my one laptop has Vista and for some reason I cannot get it to connect.  I changed the setting to be home, and private I think it is, but it will not make the internet connection, it tells me the laptop has a limited connection.  I am about to tear my hair out, does anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack connection issue
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Limited connection could mean a few different things.  Either it is not fully connected to the Jetpack or it is fully conected to the Jetpack but cannot reach the internet.  You might want to look at your IP Address when this happens and see what the Jetpack is providing you.  If your IP is 169.254.xxx.xxx then your IP is bad and you are not connected to the Jetpack.

Delete your wireless profile for the Jetpack and then try to reconnect:

http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=214

Chances are one of your password criterea does not match what is provided by the Jetpack.  Wiping out your profile will allow you to re-negotiate the connection and get you on the right path.

Also, these Jetpacks do have a limit to the number of connections they can provide at once.  If you havent already then try to shutdown some of your other devices and connect with the Vista PC.