Latest VZAccess update won't work
molaker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Win XP Pro SP3 laptop with a Pantec PC5750 data card.  It works fine.  But, the last VZAccess update (7.3.11) fails.  When detecting the data card it checks then powers down the card.  I reverted back to ver. 7.2.1.2 and all is good again.  Anyone have the same issue or have any idea what might fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Latest VZAccess update won't work
moates
Contributor - Level 3

I have provided some information below that may help.

Step 1 – Ensure that a clean uninstall is perform on VZ Access manager before installing the new version.

Step 2 – Remove the USB/PC card

Step 3 – Restart the computer.

Step 4 – Download the VZ Access manager from the website www.vzam.net and save the proper file on the desktop. (select Save As instead of Run)

Step 5 – Plug in the USB/PC card

Step 6 – Install the new version of VZ Access manager on the PC.

Step 7 – Run through the setup and activate the card (if it is not yet activated)

0 Likes
Re: Latest VZAccess update won't work
molaker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finally got around to trying your suggestion (although I had done it before).  I downloaded the latest VZ Access mgr (although it was the same as I already had).  I ran uninstall from add/remove programs.  I removed my card and rebooted.  I plugged in my card and ran install for the new version (FYI-Setup required me to remove the card).  Once setup completed, I reinstalled the card and started the app.  It finds the card okay and begins configuration.  Then it says "powering down modem" or something to that effect.  Same as before.

I uninstalled this latest version (VZAM_7.3.11_2566a_Pantec.exe) and reinstalled VZAM_7.2.1_2420b_Pantec_RevA.exe) and all is good again.  I'm afraid I'm baffled.

0 Likes