Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Latest VZAccess update won't work
molaker

I have a Win XP Pro SP3 laptop with a Pantec PC5750 data card.  It works fine.  But, the last VZAccess update (7.3.11) fails.  When detecting the data card it checks then powers down the card.  I reverted back to ver. 7.2.1.2 and all is good again.  Anyone have the same issue or have any idea what might fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Latest VZAccess update won't work
moates
Novice

I have provided some information below that may help.

Step 1 – Ensure that a clean uninstall is perform on VZ Access manager before installing the new version.

Step 2 – Remove the USB/PC card

Step 3 – Restart the computer.

Step 4 – Download the VZ Access manager from the website www.vzam.net and save the proper file on the desktop. (select Save As instead of Run)

Step 5 – Plug in the USB/PC card

Step 6 – Install the new version of VZ Access manager on the PC.

Step 7 – Run through the setup and activate the card (if it is not yet activated)

0 Likes
Re: Latest VZAccess update won't work
molaker

Finally got around to trying your suggestion (although I had done it before).  I downloaded the latest VZ Access mgr (although it was the same as I already had).  I ran uninstall from add/remove programs.  I removed my card and rebooted.  I plugged in my card and ran install for the new version (FYI-Setup required me to remove the card).  Once setup completed, I reinstalled the card and started the app.  It finds the card okay and begins configuration.  Then it says "powering down modem" or something to that effect.  Same as before.

I uninstalled this latest version (VZAM_7.3.11_2566a_Pantec.exe) and reinstalled VZAM_7.2.1_2420b_Pantec_RevA.exe) and all is good again.  I'm afraid I'm baffled.

0 Likes