Lost my 4G
cjirovec

I have a 4510L MiFi that will show I have 4G on the admin web page for Verizon. Up until the end of April 2012 I have quite good 4G reception then all of a sudden it was gone. I live in an "extended area" of the 4G coverage so I would usually experience an average download speed of 8 Mbps and 2-3 Mbps upload so not full speed but plenty good for me. I went through all the steps of getting several  certified refurbished units and 3 different SIM cards. Also Verizon sent me an antenna (which has helped bringing in a better signal for the 3G) but has not helped solve the 4G mystery. I have to say that going from 4G back to 3G is not a good feeling! So if anyone has a possible remedy or understands ANYTHING at all about this I would like to hear from you.

I attached some images that may help in figuring this out.

Thank you in advance,

Colleen

0 Likes
Re: Lost my 4G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cjirovec,

Are you still having this issue? What is the zip code where you are experiencing this? Have you contacted our Technical support team and filed a trouble ticket?

Try rebooting the device and retesting.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Colleen,

Your screen shots paint the picture that you are connected to 4G:

- Green LED

- LTE signal strength

- You mention the admin page displays a 4G connection

What symptoms have you noticed that give you the impression you are connected to 3G?  A 3G connection should have a purple LED and a EVDO signal.  Most unpowered antennas are only configured for 3G reception.  If you could provide us with the model number for the antenna VZW sent you we could look up the specs and confirm if it is 4G compatible.

0 Likes
Mikeyishere
Enthusiast - Level 2

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND HAVE RECEIVED VERY LITTLE HELP. I WAS FINALLY TOLD THAT I SHOULD MOVE MY HOUSE.NO ONE SEEMED TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SIGNAL BOOSTER ANTENA. THEY ARE ALL OVER THE INTERNET BUT IT FEELS LIKE VZ DOES NOT WANT YOU TO USE THEM. THEY ARE NO HELP AT ALL.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

VZW support and sales reps will not know anything about boosters or antennas because they do not sell those products.  You need to look to other areas for support on those external devices.  A great spot is the 3Gstore where you can not only buy that equiptment but they will support them for you too.

Heres a great link I like to share for more info:

http://3gstore.com/page/13_will_an_antenna_help_me.html

Dont be fooled, almost any radio device (I'm sure there are exceptions) can be improved by a antenna or booster system.  Radio waves are radio waves, no matter who they are owned by.  You just need to find the right kind of equiptment that is compatible with your VZW device.

0 Likes
jrwilk01

Same thing happened to me in Mid-May. I've seen other people report the same thing here and on other forums.

Verizon is ignoring the issue.

0 Likes
paulm2424

My phone is messed up also. I have had to to a Verizon store to reset my settings. I made a poor choice .

0 Likes