MIFI 2200: connected, but not accessing internet
carlsbad74

The MIFI 2200 shows connected, but not connecting to internet.  I can ping the gateway and dns, but no internet access.

Oddly, the MIFI is not working on the laptops that had the UM175 previously installed.  Other laptops that did not have the UM175 work perfectly with the MIFI.

I also tested on a desktop (no previous installation of UM175):

Set a system restore point.  Installed UM175 drivers/software.  Installed MIFI 2200.  Connected, but no internet.

Restored computer. Installed MIFI 2200.  Worked.

So it seems to be something with the old UM175 software.  I tried uninstalling the old software, drivers, even registry entries.  Still no access with the MIFI 2200.

Anything else I could try, barring a total wipe of the OS and reinstallation?

0 Likes
Re: MIFI 2200: connected, but not accessing internet
carlsbad74

Forgot to mention these are all windows XP SP 3 machines.

0 Likes
larrytheG

did you uninstall VZACCESS first and download the latest version? I don't know where I saw it but there was an implication that by uninstalling VZACCESS that in doing that it also took away the previous drivers and crud...then a clean install of the latest VZACCESS which apparently has the MiFI2200 drivers embedded.

0 Likes
carlsbad74

Yeah, tried that.  Still nothing.

0 Likes
larrytheG

it sure sounds like you have some original stuff - not compatible with the MIFI-2200 that is still embedded...in your system... seems like there is a way to go find it in the devices but at that point - it's way beyond my knowledge.. someone walked me through it once.. but ... it can do the same thing to your machine that messing around with the registry can do - if you muck it up.

0 Likes
carlsbad74

Yeah, we're trying all sorts of uninstaller programs to trace what was put on from the original PANTECH UM175 stuff.

I think we might just have to do a complete wipe and reinstall the OS

0 Likes