MIFI 4150L doesn't broadcast SSID or connect via WiFi
felixk2

I got my mifi about 2 weeks ago. Everything has been working fine until I powered it on today and no matter what I do it doesn't broadcast the SSID and i can't connect through WiFi. It has the Pink light on so it has 4G, but none of my computers or iPad see the Mifi in the list of wifi networks. I try connecting manually (typing in the SSID and password) and that doesn't work either.

I reset the device by putting a pin in the back behind the battery cover, but that didn't help.

Anyone have any ideas what is wrong..Is my MIFI broken?

Thanks

Felix

0 Likes
Re: MIFI 4150L doesn't broadcast SSID or connect via WiFi
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

felixk2 wrote:

I got my mifi about 2 weeks ago. Everything has been working fine until I powered it on today and no matter what I do it doesn't broadcast the SSID and i can't connect through WiFi. It has the Pink light on so it has 4G, but none of my computers or iPad see the Mifi in the list of wifi networks. I try connecting manually (typing in the SSID and password) and that doesn't work either.

I reset the device by putting a pin in the back behind the battery cover, but that didn't help.

Anyone have any ideas what is wrong..Is my MIFI broken?

Thanks

Felix

Felix,

Are you plugging your MiFI into your computer through the USB cable?  This device is designed to shutdown the broadcast when it detects a computer through its USB port.  Try disconnecting the cable and see if your broadcast comes back. 

Another idea would be to try reconnecting the USB cable and disconnecting it a few times incase the MiFi hasnt registered that it is disconnected for whatever reason.

0 Likes
Re: MIFI 4150L doesn't broadcast SSID or connect via WiFi
Not applicable

felixk2,

I can help with more steps to get the MiFi working properly. 

Do you ever see an error message on either computers or the iPad? Does the pink LED indicator remain solid or blinking? Blinking indicates a data transmission, where solid is dormant or not connected.  The reset was a great option and I will recommend doing that again, only after you press 'Reset', remove the SIM card and battery for about 10-20 seconds.  Then place both back in the device and power on like normal to pick up a connection. 

Please advise what the outcome of the steps above.

Thank you!

0 Likes