MIFI and a wireless printer??
shelld

Ok, so I am now pretty frustrated.  I get one thing working better and lose another as a result.  I have been using a Pantech 175 device on a CTR 570 router and the coverage is poor at best, log off all of the time, one bar at best so I chenged to a MIFI 2200 -- the service is GREAT, 4 bars always, fast , efficent, no service drops.  However, I can not set up my Brother MFC 7840W printer as it apparently wont work with printers??  Verizon customer support was no help -- they just say the device works with most WIFI devices and Brother tells me they cant help becuase if the MIFI is not a "router" it probably wont operate a printer unless its connected to a router.  So what it the point of this if I have to hook it up to the router instead of just leaving it sit on my desk?  The router and Pantech device is being used by my daughter so we now have separate connections to further increase our speeds so putting the MIFI on the router isnt an option as that requires me to disconnect her.  She is not sharing my MIFI connect as the 5G limit is not enough to support both of our usage.  Please help if anyone has any idea of how to somehow make this work without having to go to the expense of another router.  They are not cheap and the whole idea of the MIFI is to not have to bother with yet another peice of equipment.  Any input appreciated. 

0 Likes
Re: MIFI and a wireless printer??
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately this function is not available on this device. It is strictly for internet access rather than sharing network settings like on a printer. You will need a different type of network sharing system for this option. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
hansonhh

I use my lexmark printer with the mifi 2200, you can't print and be online at the same time but it does work I have windows wifi connection utility and enable it through that also.

0 Likes
travellady

We have a HP Photosmart Plus printer and we have been able to set it up on the Mi-Fi 2200 without a problem and it works just fine. The MiFi 2200 is a router as it will allow 5 wireless devices connected to it.

0 Likes
wendi55

Well, Verizon won't support something they advertise---a hot spot that will connect up to 5 devices including a printer......I am not very computer savvy.  However, I see from all of the comments that it is possible.  Can you provide me with step by step instructions on how to connect the wireless printer to the Mifi 2200?

Thanks.

0 Likes