Mac Not shutting down and it's because of the Verizon wireless deamon.
frankiedakid

Any time I start the verizon mifi manager aka "VZAccess Manager" utility my mac doesn't shutdown.

I see the process running "vzwwirelessd", even when I kill it manually my system still hangs when I shutdown. I'm assuming that issuing the kill command directly on the process leave stuff open like ports etc...

Does anyone else have this problem? 

0 Likes
Re: Mac Not shutting down and it's because of the Verizon wireless deamon.
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

Try un-installing application and reinstall. On your MAC go to Finder; under GO click on VZ Access Manager Application to remove once complete plug in your MIFI card to reinstall VZ Access Manager if not there go to Finder and click on VZ Access Manager.

0 Likes
Re: Mac Not shutting down and it's because of the Verizon wireless deamon.
craigfrompa

I have the same problem, posted a message on the Apple support forum too.

I have confirmed this problem by un installing and no shut down issue, re installing and I get the shut down problem.

I am not able to decipher much of the console logs.  How are you detecting the problem with the VZAccess?

On a related item, with the software installed, I get this bluetooth connect/disconnect to my Nokia phone that is not on a Verizon account.  Something is detecting the phone and I think trying to get me to configure it.  When I un install the VZAccess, of course there is no issue with the bluetooth trying to connect/configure my phone.

So I too have the same/similar shut down issue, on a Macbook running 10.6.4.

0 Likes