MiFi 2200: WPA for laptop and WEP for PDA - can you do that?
thementalcoach

I just got a MiFi 2200 to use with my Powerbook and Palm T5 (with wifi card).  It works awesome with the Powerbook using WPA security (which I like). 

My idea was, when I didn't want to carry the Powerbook around, to just carry the Palm and the MiFi unit (to check email, web browsing, etc.). But the Palm T5 only supports WEP.  Any suggestions on how I might do this?  Is the convenience of changing the main profile from WPA to WEP worth the security risk to the laptop?

Thanks for any help!

David

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 2200: WPA for laptop and WEP for PDA - can you do that?
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1
Like all routers, it supports one or the other, not both. So you will have to reconfigure it to use WEP with your T5. Alternatively, replace the T5 with a TX, which has built in WiFi and supports WPA. I know this works, because I'm using the MiFi with a TX.
0 Likes
rkordet

an iPod Touch works wonderfully with this device !

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1
Well, yes, it does; the iPhone also. But neither the Touch nor the iPhone has Pimlico Software's Datebk6 professional calendar nor Documents to Go's mobile office application.
0 Likes
thementalcoach

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. 

Unfortunately, I LIKE my Palm Tungsten T5.  It's fast, has scads of memory, software, accessories, oh, and it's paid for... :smileyhappy:

Guess I'll just bite the bullet and use public hotspots for the Palm when I'm on the go, since I really do feel more comfortable using WPA security.

BTW, I agree about the value of Documents to Go, I use it every day.  Haven't heard of Datebk6 calendar for Palm, I'll check it out.

0 Likes