MiFi 2200 - Wireless hub very reliable... USB not so much - ideas?
BobSmith

I recently upgraded from an Express Card WiFi unit (trouble free for two years) to a MiFi2200.  Took a couple of hours with tech support to get this new one activated and working.  All was fine until I shut down and restarted the computer.  Using the unit as a wireless access point works just fine but trying to use it wired directly via USB (how I most need to use it) it shows "no signal" and won't connect to the Verizon network.  Uninstalling and reinstalling VZAccess manager got it back up briefly but another shut down and it's dead again... even after another instal.  Meanwhile the wireless access point function works just fine... so there is a good network signal available to the unit.

This is on a MacBook Pro running 10.5.8.  While trying to get through the activation Verizon tech support had me download a different version of VZAccess manager.  It's shown as version 7.0.5 (build 2424j)

All ideas appreciated...

Bob Smith

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 2200 - Wireless hub very reliable... USB not so much - ideas?
nitsuga

I'm a new MiFi user (one month) and I have the same problem: the wireless hub works great, but I can't get anywhere through USB, which I wanted to do to quickly check my usage. I'm on a MacBook Pro with 10.6.3. The version of the VZAccess Manager I have is 4.3.2. 

I also couldn't activate it on my own and had to return to the Verizon Store. 

Christopher

0 Likes
nitsuga

It turns out the guy at the Verizon Store put the wrong software on my computer! 

0 Likes
BillSmith222

I am having the same problem; I can connect through WiFi, but when I connect the MiFi to the laptop through USB, VZAccess no longer recognizes the device.  It worked fine for the first two days, but since then, I haven't been able to connect through USB.  I am considering just taking the MiFi back, as it may not be worth the trouble.

0 Likes