Hey does anyone out there know if a MiFi4510L that is plugged in all the time to 110vac will destroy the battery over time? We use our MiFi in an RV and we have power to it all the time and it seems like I'm just wasting the battery. I'm wondering if removing the battery and then using the MiFi by itself is a bad idea. (Obviously, I'll plug re-install the battery from time to time to keep it charged just in case.) Anyone have any thoughts?
Solved! Go to Correct Answer
If you charge a battery too much, over time it will cause it to swell and that will not allow the battery to hold charge like it normally does and it will eventually destroy the battery. What I would recommend doing is Charging the MiFi fully, and then when it gets really or low actually let it die completely, plug it back up and put it on a full re-charge. That would be the best option to get the longest life out of your battery.
hope this answers your question!
So you would not recommend removing the battery altogether? The issue this may create is that the battery will die right when someone is using the MiFi and we'll have to start over with anything we might be doing (e.g. downloading something important).
Isn't there another way?
Thanks for your original response.
The MiFi and the battery that came with the MiFi shouldn't run out in the middle. Or you can plug the MiFi up when you are using the MiFi, and when you aren't using the MiFi unplug it from the battery that is charging it. That way you aren't charging the MiFi at all times.