MiFi 4510L Won't connect to 4GLTE network
krvinnb

I have had a Novatel MiFi 4510L for almost 60 days and have spent over 7 hours and three phone calls  with tech support to no avail. 

If this device connects to a 3G network (such as when 4G service is not available) it will not switch back to 4G when it is available.  There is no phone setting to "force" this device into 4G mode, and removing the battery and restrating the unit doesn't work.  It gets permanently stuck in 3G mode!

So far I have exchanged this unit at the Verizon store, and also had 2 SIM cards replaced by store personnel.  None of this fixes the issue.  Of course, this has to be costing Verizon a lot of money, and it hugely inconvenient to me.  Does anyone have a fix for this?  all I want is to get what I am paying for...  No one at Verizon seems to care a whole lot...  about this (I was told by someone at my local store that this is not a popular product so they don't know anything about it).

Can anyone please help?

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 4510L Won't connect to 4GLTE network
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

If you know you are in 4G coverage and want to force the device to connect with that technology then there is a configuration setting that can help you out.

Try these steps:

1) Connect to the MiFi like you normally would

2) Navigate to 192.168.1.1 in your web browser (or whatever your default gateway is configured to)

3) Sign into the MiFi by typing "admin" into the upper right hand corner

4) Click on WWAN

5) Under WWan Settings, change the WWAN preferred mode from Global to 4G only

6) Click Apply

Your MiFi should now only connect to 4G networks when they are in range.  This obviously becomes a problem when you travel out of 4G range so it will require some maintenance on your behalf should you choose to use it.  If you ever find yourself stuck in a 3G only area then you can always reset the device to factory defaults and restore the Global setting.

0 Likes
krvinnb

Thank you- that is very helpful!  I wonder why no one at Verizon tech support could tell me this after I asked repeatedly!

0 Likes
utahtea2
Enthusiast - Level 3

krvinnb wrote:

I have had a Novatel MiFi 4510L for almost 60 days and have spent over 7 hours and three phone calls  with tech support to no avail. 

If this device connects to a 3G network (such as when 4G service is not available) it will not switch back to 4G when it is available.  There is no phone setting to "force" this device into 4G mode, and removing the battery and restrating the unit doesn't work.  It gets permanently stuck in 3G mode!

So far I have exchanged this unit at the Verizon store, and also had 2 SIM cards replaced by store personnel.  None of this fixes the issue.  Of course, this has to be costing Verizon a lot of money, and it hugely inconvenient to me.  Does anyone have a fix for this?  all I want is to get what I am paying for...  No one at Verizon seems to care a whole lot...  about this (I was told by someone at my local store that this is not a popular product so they don't know anything about it).

Can anyone please help?

Did they give you a new unit or were you given a refurbushed one?  Verizon just replaced mine by mailing me a refurbushed mifi and I'm not at all happy! 

0 Likes