Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
MiFi4510L Firmware Update for Mac PPC
ashacomm

I was very disappointed to find that the firmware upload software for the MIiFI4510L was not compatible for the PPC Macs.  I have 3.  If there a workaround available?  There was nothing to indicate that the software was for Mac OS X Intel only when I downloaded the software package. The drivers installed on my PPC Macs with no problem. However, when I tried to install the the firmware upload software, I get the message that this software is not supported by the PPC architecture.  

0 Likes
Re: MiFi4510L Firmware Update for Mac PPC
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

Hello,

The work around is to borrow someone elses computer for 10 minutes and complete the update with it instead of yours.  I suggest a WinXP computer but nearly any other Win or Mac will do.

0 Likes
Re: MiFi4510L Firmware Update for Mac PPC
ashacomm

Thanks.  :smileyhappy:

My heartburn is that Mac w/ the Intel processor is supported, not Mac PPC.  It really would have been nice to know prior to investing the time & effort.  Instructions need to address compatible/supported OS a/o platforms. :smileysad:

0 Likes