Mifi 4510l w/ Blackberry causes MiFi to lock up
DanITman

Has anyone had any trouble with Blackberry devices making the MiFi lock up?  I'm attempting to use it with a Blackberry Playbook and Bold 9780.  Both of these devices cause the Mifi to freeze and it requires that I do a battery pull to make it work.  Do I have a bad Mifi or is this happening to everyone?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Mifi 4510l w/ Blackberry causes MiFi to lock up
oosillyoo
Enthusiast - Level 2
Have you tried using the device with a windows machine or Mac? There are issues with 4510l that happen with all clients. Is your problem when you roam from 3G to 4G or 4G to 3G?
0 Likes
DanITman
Works fine with windows. It doesn't matter if its in 4G or 3G if I connect my blackberry devices it will lock up. The light stays on and the eInk display is froze. It is no longer broadcasting wifi.
0 Likes
Not applicable

I did research the concern with the Mi-Fi locking up and I found no other common cases. In this situation, I think a master reset would be best to resolve this issue. 

It's fairly simple to reset this device, the master reset button is in a small hole located on the bottom of the device, under the battery cover.

This button returns the device to factory settings, including re-setting the network name (SSID) and network key (Wi-Fi passkey) to those printed on the sticker affixed to the back of the device.

Thank you! Have a great day!

0 Likes
nremtp3070
AdamE_VZW, maybe you should do more research. Lots of people are having problems with the 4510L locking up. mine locks up every 5-10 minutes. This requires me to pull the battery to reset the device as the power button becomes inoperable. There are many issues with the 4510 and with verizon's 4g network for data usage judging from the many comments in other forums in the verizon community
0 Likes
odiedog

my mifi 4501l also locks up frequently. 2 hours usage is my recorord without a lockup.  Verizon claims it is my area, but modems and phones work well and I have 5 bars

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks to the community for posting.  @odiedog: I can definitely understand how having internet service lock can be very frustrating.  It has happened with my Mifi hotspot too.  Have you tried connecting using a different computer?  If you could please give me your zip code, I want to do some research in the area to make sure we are not having any issues?  I look forward to resolving this issue for you.  Thanks.

0 Likes
RandyHuntCPA
I got my MiFi 4510 last night. Took it to Boston today and it froze every half hour minimum. Mostly, I came back after a period of non-use and found the device frozen. I'm using it with an iPad2.
0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello everyone,

Did you know there is a new software update for the MiFi 4510L?

Please, click the link http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/mifi4510l.html to update to the newest software version.

Let us know if this works better for you!

0 Likes