Mifi connecting via USB but not wireless
clampitt93

Mifi connects great via USB but will not work wireless.  Will not accept passwork.  Verizon has given me three devices now and have spent hours on the phone.  Now being told I must submit an email with my problem.  Great way to start as a new customer.  Any ideas?  I am using XP.

0 Likes
Re: Mifi connecting via USB but not wireless
Tech_Addiction

It sounds like your security settings are wrong.  Have you tried using it as a temporay hot spot?  Try a different wireless device to log into it.  If you have a cell phone thats not too old and has wireless it shoud be able to log into the Mifi.  If the temporary hotspot works then I would log in to the router and change the security settings to a lower setting such as WPA instead of WPA2.

Edit:  Just in case, make sure you don't have it plugged into a PC when trying to connect to it.  Unless you change the config file that I posted about, you can't connect wirelessly unless it's on battery power or AC power.  Tech support may not even know this.

Message Edited by Tech_Addiction on 08-22-2009 10:35 AM
0 Likes
Re: Mifi connecting via USB but not wireless
clampitt93

I receive an authentication error as does any other device that tries to connect.  Verizon thought they could have sent out some devices with incorrect passwords which is why they have given me three so far. 

0 Likes